New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haha... bad mazdamazda!

Personally, with 100k, you can do a heckuvalot.

10k - projector headlights (saw a pair at SM Southmall, at the auto accessories store in the basement, NOT concorde), or even 2.5k - paint the insides black.

JDM Style:

Projector Style: (10 -15k)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    After that, you can look at 17" ROTA rims. To save some money, you can use Gajah Tungcal Champiros. These tires don't have as much grip as real sports tires and are kind of noisy, but they're as good as or better than stock tires.

I like these:

or these:

for the Altis...

More wheels at http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.php

17's should cost around 20-25k, tires another 10-15k

After that, lowering springs and a body kit.

The most you'll spend is 70-90k, (10k headlights, 20k bodykit, 20k lowering, 40k mags/tires), maybe 50k or less for all of that if you price it right and look for the right suppliers. (2.5k paint stock lights black, 30-35k mags/tires with trade-in, 15k - get lucky on body kit?, no lowering)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I like what Niky's got in mind with the projector lights, very nice!

with the wheels and springs you can do what ever you want really. I didn't really notice this... or was reading to fast and skipped the details, but what color is your car? some car colors are just not worth setting up! ie beige?? that color looks too old to look good in the first place. no offense to those who pimped their beige altis. IMHO lang po sorry

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I vote against the projectors! I have experience with after market projectors and it really sucked! I had to buy HID's, and kahit na may HID's na ako non pangit naman yung cutoff and yung light output niya is far worse pa rin than stock! also, the fitment may be a PIA... I'd paint the housing instead, you don't lose the OEM light output, and it's ~70% cheaper, ginawa na namin yung sa DC5 ng friend ko, it's not hard, you just gotta be careful and take your time...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Swerte mo naman.. Nice rims, 1.5 in. drop, clean lookin' body kits, tint, CAI, decent sound system and nice detailing work won't get you wrong. Kung may matira e pang chicks mo na (kung ayaw mo ibanko), hehe. Good Luck!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    oh btw, do pay attention to the interior as well -- a set of leather seats should be all you need ;)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mendee066 View Post
    sana nga puede ibenta, pero hindi ata eh. its from my dad eh. para naman im asking too much if i sell it.. its my first ride pa naman daw eh, kaya wag daw muna kami bumili ng bago.. kasi baka ibangga ko lang daw? bihisan ko nalng daw muna altis..

Suwerte mo naman sa erpats mo for giving you a car and some money to dress it up. IMHO, to show to him that you're worth it, I would reserve the money for something else and use the car as it is.

If your erpats and yourself are really serious about spending the money, and P100K is indeed a lot, show him that you spend it wisely...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    click here to get some ideas

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Projectors: true, the problem is that the lights are kind of weak. For city driving, it's not much of a problem.

I've seen a Corolla with those projectors, and it seems only 50% as powerful as the regular lights.

But, like I said, painting the stock lights is very cheap, and you only lose something like 20-30% (from experience) of your light-power... and you can always change up to HIDs. Only problem is, you should have the lights painted on a very dry day to prevent moisture problems after painting.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first ride mo? save mo muna yung 100K.

for sure mababangga mo yan in one way or the other. hehe.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
suggestions pls  =)