New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    hello guys,

i'm planning to have my honda civic esi 95 model strip-to-metal (body repair/repaint) due to numerous rusting on roof and both sides. i'm from calamba laguna...

my querries are:

1. list of popular shops doing strip-to-metal
    2. price of strip-to-metal

i have canvassed here in sta rosa laguna (BOSCH services). Dupont strip-to-metal costs P40TH EXCLUDING any additional parts.

please share your recommendations.
    thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    may tsikoteer na may shop sa las pinas. ok lang ba sayo kahit di laguna area?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Sir may I advise you not to have your car stripped to metal. They use paint strippers and solvents in removing the old paint and they just wash it with plain water (not thoroughly at that) and not a solution to completely neutralize the paint stripper. Being corrosive this weakens the composition of the metal. In 2 to 3 years time you'll see bubbles and rust forming on the body of your car. If you can find a body shop that has sand blasting equiptment to strip the old paint then its ok. Other wise dont have it stripped to bare meta.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    for short sir. ano magandang gawin pag kumakalat na ang rust sa body? cheapest yet effective way? thanks.

Strip-to-metal shops/price