New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Hello fellow tsikoteer I'm having a hard time kung strip to metal ba or the conventional liha liha? Some say na hindi maganda ang strip to metal since better quality and primer ng oem kesa sa ipapalit na primer iba naman maganda daw ang strip to metal? so which is which mga sir?
    pros and cons po Thanks! My dad's pajero was repainted using liha liha method we are satisfied naman with the result pero this time may offer po na strip to metal sakin for my civic at a fair price I think. kaya nag iisip ako :D
    btw my car is a Honda civic ek Taffeta white :D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    we've tried both. kung magaling yung pintor, liha liha method is ok.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    we've tried both. kung magaling yung pintor, liha liha method is ok.

Agree dito Sir ako din i preffer liha liha lang +10000

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    liha liha lang sir will do.

buti if may rusted part na, ill have the pintor
    strip to metal the surrounding affected area.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Sir,only a qualified honest pintor amg makakapag assess kung dapat o hindi kailanggan scrape ang old paint at kailanggan makita mismo ng pintor ang sasakyan

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    hindi po ba mabuilis mabulok yung car na, na strip to metal?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Mas maganda pa rin ang application ng primer sa factory na tubog ang buong frame with matching electric current...

Yan ang primary reason kung bakit mahirap pantayan yan ng primer na binuga lang... bukod pa sa ibang factors kung anong area nag paint like kung may oven ba or open air lang etc.

So for me washover lang talaga and tsaka lang i strip kung talagang kinain na ng rust

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Yung magpipintura po eh may sarili silang oven. wala naman po bulok yung civic ko eh may konting bulutong lang.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoPajero View Post
    hindi po ba mabuilis mabulok yung car na, na strip to metal?
    the imported cars or cars manufactured outside of the philippines are painted with electrolytic deposit painting where the car's incompletely assembled body is stripped with an etching acid, rinsed, neutralized, dried and submerged into a vat of paint with electrical current running between the paint and the steel car body parts. this is not possible with hand painting nor possible with the collision shop spray paint system. cars rolling off yokohama (isuzu and nissan) have a record of being rust magnets as compared to nagoya and hiroshima assembled cars. stripping the car's body of these very well prepared surfaces only promotes corrosion of steel components

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    the imported cars or cars manufactured outside of the philippines are painted with electrolytic deposit painting where the car's incompletely assembled body is stripped with an etching acid, rinsed, neutralized, dried and submerged into a vat of paint with electrical current running between the paint and the steel car body parts. this is not possible with hand painting nor possible with the collision shop spray paint system. cars rolling off yokohama (isuzu and nissan) have a record of being rust magnets as compared to nagoya and hiroshima assembled cars. stripping the car's body of these very well prepared surfaces only promotes corrosion of steel components
    This is why I keep telling people to treat their factory paint well. Malayo na narating ng mga car manufacturers natin in trying to remedy the problems IN your car. Heck, this is why I don't do rustproofing.