New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    what are the considerations if you are planning to buy spray guns?do you need diff spray gun/tip size per application (primer,base,clear)?

what are good entry level brands and around how much?also where to buy?thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i've bought china copies of whatever but it's best to get guns that you want to grow old with. in the little experience that i have, quality china copies < 2k Php in my area is reasonable enough, but not good enough.
    there are gonna be improvements but they say to buy high end and consider not progressing from low, mid to that as money saved, paint saved, time and effort saved. and it's the truth.

hvlp has a standard air usage and pressure and the compressor capabilities should be factored in.

i'm a noob so take this for what it's worth. for base 1.3mm nozzles, sometimes 1.4 is favored.

for clear, 1.4mm, less so the 1.3mm is preferred -- some clear topcoat techsheets allow up to 1.7 for their paint. so really it depends on the techsheet.

for primer usually it's 1.8mm. i haven't tried flakes, not soon, but check the techsheet for it from your preferred paint line, 2.5mm i guess.

i'm planning to get high end copies of iwatas. with a few compatible caps and nozzles. i'm ordering them from the U.S. soler, t alonzo is not accessible to me so.. you might discover good finds with some legwork in that area. happy hunting

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    and also what is the right air pressure when painting?is there a standard or it depends on the gun used,or painter?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    depends on the gun. but i guess the low end guns just stamp what specs they want to. of course the painter always has to adjust the output depending on the gun and the paint used.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    ok thanks for your reply,what entry level gun do you recommend?3-5k and 5-7k range?

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    also what do you mean by surfacers and poly surfacers?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i guess there are proper devilbiss guns in those ranges. case to case choices so just check the feedback and comparisons in the net. i don't recommend what i did.

the great guns shorten the learning curve and wastage. bottomline, familiarity with the gun and the paint to get great results.

about surfacers, both are primer surfacers i guess. to get an idea, check the anzahl website, they have 3 kinds of primers there. they have a mix of different functions.