New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    So i stumble upon this shop and he was against for me of spot repair kasi daw pag tagal mamumuti at magiging mkhang mapa. Ganun ba tlga pag spot repair lng?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if one is willing to live with the mapa (in case it does mapa-ize)... why not! huwag lang kalawangin.

personally, i'm just a car user. i wouldn't mind driving around with a car that's ketong-ish.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    For older cars pwede na.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if one is willing to live with the mapa (in case it does mapa-ize)... why not! huwag lang kalawangin.

personally, i'm just a car user. i wouldn't mind driving around with a car that's ketong-ish.
    Does spot repair always end with “mapa” outcome?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimchijiji View Post
    Does spot repair always end with “mapa” outcome?

for everyday purposes, not really.
    i have had spot painting done on my car. passable naman. just don't join concours-quality car shows.
    it probably depends on the color and finish. some colors are better at keeping blemishes none-too-noticeable.
    and even if the entire panel is painted, it is sometimes not a perfect match to the original color of the rest of the car. i am sure we have seen this... medyo iba ang shade ng front fender, compared to the rest of the car.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pag sinabing spot repair, same lang ba yan sa repair ng per panel?

kasi when i had an accident several months ago, per panel ang pag repair ng insurance at nung paint shop

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Spot repair is for the affected area only. Personally I'd only get the whole panel repainted. Isip ko kung gagastos din lang, might as well get quality work that will last.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    pag sinabing spot repair, same lang ba yan sa repair ng per panel?

kasi when i had an accident several months ago, per panel ang pag repair ng insurance at nung paint shop
    Sa pag intindi ko iba yung per panel sa spot repair/paint.

Literal na kung saang spot yung may tama sa panel, yun lang pipintahan.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Based on experience...

Spot/Panel repair - depende sa age ng car. (and color) IMO, kung pabenta na... It's the cheapest way to repair small dents/scratches.

Issue ko against is that hahabulin ng shop yung color ng car... kung 5 years+ na yung car, faded na yung paint. Yung newly repaired panel mo, mag-fade pa lang... (pansin na pansin sya sa red and dark blue) nauunang mawala yung shine nung repaired panel, tapos yung shade.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You get what you pay for.

If it's way below eye-level (ie. bumper or below the "belt" line), spot repairs are acceptable. I've had it done on my FD's front bumper before. It won't pass close scrutiny but at a distance, especially if the viewer isn't even aware of the repair or know where it is, it'll be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Pros and cons:

Spot repair pros:
    1. Repairs won't take too much time
    2. Cheaper

Spot repair cons:
    1. Probably not for the OC or "maselan"
    2. Less tolerant to color/shade/texture mismatches
    3. Not all spot repairs are equal. Final quality is heavily dependent on the painter's expertise

Panel repair pros:
    1. Job "done right"
    2. No color "maps" to speak of
    3. Slightly more tolerant to color texture mismatches (panel to panel)

Panel repair cons:
    1. Costs more
    2. The process is more extensive so your vehicle will probably be in the shop significantly longer
    3. Not tolerant to color or shade mismatches

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast