New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Hello. Our i10 recently suffered a deep, ~1 foot scratch on its right rear quarter panel.

Question: Is there such a thing as "spot repaint"? Meaning, only a specific area of the panel will be repainted.

I'm asking because the said panel starts from the rear of the car up to the front bumper area, and after visualizing the work needed, I am quite certain that the rest of the car will be "abused".

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it depends on your negotiation skills with the painter.
    but most shops paint on a per panel basis.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012

This is what I mean.

The damaged part is the boxed area. However, if we go by "per panel", you will see that it will not be a simple undertaking simply by looking at the size (red lines) of the panel. My question is, is it possible to repaint just the damaged area? I do not mind paying for the whole panel provided the work is exemplary.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    well see if the paint less dent repair can solve your problem. I am a fan of frankline as they say so I will recommend
    to you his shop at 31 examiner st. in West triangle in Q.C. bring it early as there are many clients in the morning

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I have been a customer of Frank before, and unfortunately this is something outside his services since the scratch is too deep and the primer has been stripped.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bpascal View Post

This is what I mean.

The damaged part is the boxed area. However, if we go by "per panel", you will see that it will not be a simple undertaking simply by looking at the size (red lines) of the panel. My question is, is it possible to repaint just the damaged area? I do not mind paying for the whole panel provided the work is exemplary.
    ang procedure po dyan ay color coat the damage area [ boxed area ] but extend the clear coat up to the portion near the upper and lower rear door corner panel or buo na ang clear sa [ upper red lines ]

Spot Repaint?