New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Sir what is sealants po ba? is it same as wax? or is it better than wax when it comes to paint protection?
    Same din po ba sa wax ang pag apply ng sealants?
    Salamat mga boss

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    Sir what is sealants po ba? is it same as wax? or is it better than wax when it comes to paint protection?
    Same din po ba sa wax ang pag apply ng sealants?
    Salamat mga boss
    Sealant = synthetic
    Wax = natural

There are hybrid waxes.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Well, wax isn't a 100% natural unless talaga sadya ka bumili ng isa which is. Remember that carnauba wax is mixed with other oils and petroleum distillates to form what we call "wax".

Are sealants better than wax? Generally, in the durability department yes.

Are application the same? More or less. Layer-Cure-Buff lang naman sila lahat.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nivraarvin View Post
    Sealant = synthetic
    Wax = natural

There are hybrid waxes.
    thanks sir

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Well, wax isn't a 100% natural unless talaga sadya ka bumili ng isa which is. Remember that carnauba wax is mixed with other oils and petroleum distillates to form what we call "wax".

Are sealants better than wax? Generally, in the durability department yes.

Are application the same? More or less. Layer-Cure-Buff lang naman sila lahat.
    salamat boss.so sir pag nag apply ka ng sealants. wala ng wax wax ng auto?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    pwede na kahit sealant lang pero pwede mo pa rin patungan ng wax. btw, ang sealant ay may curing time of 4-8 hrs para mag-bond properly sa paint bago mo patungan ng another layer ng sealant o wax.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well wax is also co sidered a sealant in the sense that it protects your paint. Just remember to use the more durable sealant first.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    pwede na kahit sealant lang pero pwede mo pa rin patungan ng wax. btw, ang sealant ay may curing time of 4-8 hrs para mag-bond properly sa paint bago mo patungan ng another layer ng sealant o wax.
    Salamat boss.Ano po ma susuggest niyo na sealant boss? 4-8 hrs pala so kaya pala walang carwash shop ang nagseasealant )

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Well wax is also co sidered a sealant in the sense that it protects your paint. Just remember to use the more durable sealant first.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2
    salamat sir baka po may ma irerecommend ka na sealant

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Sealants can stand alone as-it-is. Although the more avid detailers "layer" it with carnauba wax to try to get the best of both worlds (durability for sealants and gloss for waxes).

If you plan on layering, you'll have to choose a wax that is.. well, just a wax. Some waxes are packaged as cleaner waxes and those will eat the underlying sealant layer if you plan on using them after sealing.

Curing time differs between product to product. In any case, you won't be paying attention to it unless you plan on layering another stuff on top of it. In any case, most sealants are mostly cured after an hour wherein 80% of the curing is actually done in <45 mins. I'm not an OC detailer, just 3 minutes after application of Menzerna's Power Lock to my car, I drove it in the rain for fetching-the-sister-duties. It's not like I'm worrying about "I should let this cure by waiting".

Madaming car washes ang nagsesealant. Problem is, they're generally more expensive than cheap carnauba waxes.

The more famous sealants are actually hard to find locally. Many say (in consumer forums such as Autopia) that the #1 and #2 respectively in this market is probably Blackfire Wet Diamond (BFWD) and Menzerna Power Lock (MPL). Some of the easier ones to source locally is Klasse's Sealant Glaze (KSG) which is very known for its durability.

Personally, I wouldn't sweat it. Use whatever wax or sealant you like. There's a lot of durable waxes out there that can equal most sealant's durability after all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast