New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1399774464.818365.jpg

Miscalculated a turn yesterday at a cramped parking lot. Nadikitan ko isang van. Really pissed na binyagan agad monty ko.

Kaya kaya ng rubbing compound ito?
    Wala namang dent. Although nakakapa ko yun scratch.

Where can i bring this for a quick fix? Kahit pa kasi rubbing compound lang Id rather someone na talagang marunong. Baka lalong sumablay pag ako.

Thanks

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ^kaya pa yan sa rubbing

Sent from my 3310 using Tsikot Forums

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by funkeemunkee View Post
    ^kaya pa yan sa rubbing

Sent from my 3310 using Tsikot Forums
    +1

What happened to the van? Kayang kaya mo i rubbing yan. Alalay ka lang na hindi mag fade yung paint mo.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    The van never knew what hit him... LOL

Seriously the van was pretty much beat up already. I think i just touched the van's rear bumper.

Ano ba ok na rubbing compound?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just use the Turtle wax rubbing compound we've had since I was in high school

Normally I use polishing compound instead of rubbing compound so it's less harsh on the paint. Pag hindi nakuha, that's when I use rubbing compound.

I used rubbing compound recently on my car and it took out most of the paint transfer. It was white paint too, very similar to your Monty.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; May 11th, 2014 at 01:28 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    thanks cathy^

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    agree with cathy, use first the less abrasive polish then if its not effective that's the time you use a compound. careful though in using a compound, it can easily remove scratches but it digs in your clear coat. if you are using by hand, limit the area where you apply it around the scratch area. after compounding, do polishing with the less aggressive or light polish to remove marring cause by the compound. wash the area and dry, wipe it with mf cloth damp with ipa (alcohol) to remove the compound/polish then apply a good carnauba wax or sealant for protection.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    agree with cathy, use first the less abrasive polish then if its not effective that's the time you use a compound. careful though in using a compound, it can easily remove scratches but it digs in your clear coat. if you are using by hand, limit the area where you apply it around the scratch area. after compounding, do polishing with the less aggressive or light polish to remove marring cause by the compound. wash the area and dry, wipe it with mf cloth damp with ipa (alcohol) to remove the compound/polish then apply a good carnauba wax or sealant for protection.
    Bro montygtv i bought a 3m scrstch remover and a 3m rubbing compound last night.
    You mean after the remover, wipe then compund, wipe clean with alcohol (any alcohol ba). Is there a logic if after the compound gas ang ipunas? (I saw our driver doing this dati)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Use the scratch remover first. If it does not work, then that is the only time you use the rubbing compound.

Rubbing compound is abrasive kasi so it should be your last option. If you overdo the compound like monty_GTV mentioned, it can damage your clearcoat. I did it once and the paint became dull or faded.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; May 12th, 2014 at 11:35 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Nagkaganyan na sakin dati behind the rear wheel din. Nasagi ng gf ko sa pader. Sakto madumi yung car dinala ko na lang sa car wash tapos pinakita ko yung gasgas pinolish lang nila kaso natuklap talaga pintura nung ibang part kaya nilagyan ko din ng touch up paint. Wala naman din extra fee na siningil sakin.

imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1399861430.394184.jpg
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1399861490.760711.jpg

My part na magaspang parin dyan saka halata na iba kulay sa malapitan. Pero ilang weeks naman na din nakalipas di ko na pinapansin din hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scratch repair