New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Guys,

I just bought 3 sacks of Sand put at the back of my pick-up bed. Where and what container can I buy to waterproof seal it? I'm thinking of bringing it to an upholstery shop to wrap it in synthetic leather..ok kayang idea ito?

TIA
    Last edited by Djerms; February 13th, 2007 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Sacks of sand not rice. hehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Hi Guys,

I just bought 3 sacks of rice put at the back of my pick-up bed. Where and what container can I buy to waterproof seal it? I'm thinking of bringing it to an upholstery shop to wrap it in synthetic leather..ok kayang idea ito?

TIA
    sacks or rice? it will moisten pag tagal djerms at mabubulok at babaho.
    buhangin na lang. Okay kung wrap it first with several trash bag then synthetic
    leather upholstery.
    Last edited by XTO; February 13th, 2007 at 08:57 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ay sorry. sand pala. hehehe. Sacks of sand.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    instead of using synthetic leather, i saw some people using canvas or whatever it is called...yung gamit sa tent...green on one side then yellow naman on the other side, para sa sand bag nila. sealed yung sand inside, and the material used is really waterproof kasi gamit nga sa tent. its the same material na ginagamit ng mga sari sari stores as shade kapag nakatutok ang araw sa tindahan nila. hirap i explain, hope you got it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Karl,

Do you know any shop where I can have one repack the sand bags?

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Hi Karl,

Do you know any shop where I can have one repack the sand bags?

Thanks.
    bro, i really don't know were they had it done, may nakita lang akong pick up na meron nun. anyway, i'm sure yung mga gumagawa ng tent, awning and canopies pwedeng gumawa nun for you.

there are a lot of them listed sa yellow pages (under Canvas and Tents). try this one, since they have branches in different locations...baka merong malapit sa iyo:

Village Tenthaus Las Piñas - 8723788
    Makati - 8955484
    QC - 922-0432

There are also a number of stores along S. Padilla St., Manila...as listed sa yellow pages.

HTH

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    A tarp is good for general purpose waterproofing. Just make sure you wrap it downwards para yung continuous side is above the sacks rather than below. But for good measure, wrap two tarps together.

Kung walang tarp, yung clear sheet plastic used for large bags should work. If they're still in a bag form place the sandbags inside tapos just wrap the open end to seal it up.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Was about to suggest tarp as well or at least nylon sheets... Great illustration mbeige hehe, saves you a lot of time from explaining it haha

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    pwede rin yung local na punching bag na gawa sa "murayama" tarp. it comes in different sizes.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Balak ko sana ipatahi na sa upholstery shop. Thanks sa mga replies ninyo guys. Mbeige: I'll follow your illustration. Thanks a lot.

Big help kasi talaga ang sand sa unladen pick-up bed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sand Bag Containers