New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I hope car manufacturers can come up with covers under the engine especially for AUV's. Pag umuulan kc nagkakaputik palagi ang engine kahit dahan dahan ang takbo mo' especially these days na palaging may baha.there must be a way to place some sort of cover without hampering the ventilation of the engine.whats more the drive belts get wet making screeching noises.:confused:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think you can have a plate fabricated out of stainless steel or thick aluminum, you'll just need to find a way to secure it sa bottom... I'm planning to have a couple made for my old car as well since 50% of the engine bay area is exposed.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Oo nga.ths probelm will be securing it under the engine bay. Thanks sir theveed.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    built in for most suvs

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    most of the new cars have either a hard plastic or metal plate underneath the engine to protect it from road debris, etc.

of course, they aren't waterproof - that may be difficult

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka most AUVs lang ang wala? Kahit yung previous integra ko, a 1996 one, may hard plastic cover sa ilalim ng engine. Pero itong WRX ko, walang skid plate :confused: pero merong available na aftermarket aluminum skidplate pero d uubra sa bell-mouth downpipe ko.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung sa familia meron pero sa bandang harap lang..sa ilalim ng radiator..plastic siya..gusto ko rin ng cover sa buong ilalim...may bad effects ba ito?
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    caloyski: I think almost all post 80's car may plastic plate sa ilalim, i think ang purpose lang nya is to serve as a "warning" para sa oil pan pag umaabante ka... also it diverts water from splashing into the engine bay and instead it kinda acts like a spoiler nadin so that air will flow through the undercarriage... my guess lang...

im planning to have stainless plates mounted sakin, mukang madaming space to secure it hehe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    caloyski5,

wala naman cguro bad effects ang paglagay ng cover.Suv's have skid plates nga to cover.d naman cguro makaka-affect sa performance ng makina.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ALam ko mga civic may hard plastic cover yun sa ilalim. tinatakpan ang mga drive belts tsaka yng steering gear box.

sana may mga covers ilalim engine