New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    My stock airbox, I think, is made of plastic ... at medyo hindi na siya maganda tignan coz of the dust residues.

Although engine washes sa detailing shops would work, I don't want my engine getting wet every now and then.

So is it safe to use a tire black polish to shine the airbox and its rubber intake tube?

[SIZE=1](I heard petrol-based wd40s and the like won't do any good as it "eats" or degrades rubber and plastic in the long run...)[/SIZE]

Also, safe din ba ang tire black to clean the radiator and aircon hoses and other plastic and rubber parts in the hood, say the fan assemblies?

Thanks in advance for your replies...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I used Armor All for my tires sidewalls and all plastic Rubber hose to look nice and clean and safer.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    not sure, pero for me a big . yung composition ng tire black is like grease or oil. not good for hot surfaces lalo na near engine or radiator pa. pero it's just me. haven't tried it pero malamang not going to do it.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    I used Armor All for my tires sidewalls and all plastic Rubber hose to look nice and clean and safer.
    +1.

i think tire black would be too greasy therefore attracting more dust & soot

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    +1.

i think tire black would be too greasy therefore attracting more dust & soot
    +1

i also use armor all for these areas.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks po sa replies.
    Naku medyo nalito ako, Armor All or tire black?

For airbox and aircon/rad hoses, the tire black and Armor-All are safe?

(Dun lang po ko medyo cautious kasi engine bay eh and high temp lagi, but for weatherstrips and fiberglass black chin I polish them with tire black...)

Thanks

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Thanks po sa replies.
    Naku medyo nalito ako, Armor All or tire black?

For airbox and aircon/rad hoses, the tire black and Armor-All are safe?

(Dun lang po ko medyo cautious kasi engine bay eh and high temp lagi, but for weatherstrips and fiberglass black chin I polish them with tire black...)

Thanks
    bro as per advice nila at advice ko na rin, masyadong greassy ang tire black kaya ako sa engine bay, at iba pa kahit tyre i use armor all, di ako gamit ng tire black.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    bro as per advice nila at advice ko na rin, masyadong greassy ang tire black kaya ako sa engine bay, at iba pa kahit tyre i use armor all, di ako gamit ng tire black.
    Yup, I think Armorall is the TS's best bet..

BTW..Completely safe po ba ang armorall sa tires? And does it give the same shine as tire black?

sorry OT, just curious

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thank you for the replies.. Very helpful

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Yup armor all for me as well, some if not most tire blacks also make the rubber go brittle, so definitely armor all for me

Is it safe to use tire black to clean/shine stock airbox and hoses?