New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Good Day guyz.....

I'm a newbie, I got my toyota vios 1.3e (2008) just a week ago, and there are lots of questions in my mind that I want to ask, pero, ito muna....

My question is regarding rustproofing, and btw, this is my first car in my entire life, even my family never got a brand new car before, puro second hand lang... anyway, my question is: How can you tell that a car undergone rustproofing process, does
    it come with a sticker? kasi yung officemate ko, meron sya sportivo, meron sticker sa likod (rustproofing), I'm just wondering kung na rustproof ba talaga yun, kasama kasi sa bayad, pina rustproof ko na....

Hope you guys can help me on this, especially those vios 2008 owners.....\

Thanks.....

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Underchassis rustproofing is a must this will protect your vehicle against element that can harm physical integrity of your vehicle. Anyway, congratulation on your new vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks.......

Anyway... Buti nalang pina rustproof ko na, pero ang tanong ko is: how can you tell it has been rustproofed, kasi wala akong makita na sticker, like ziebart,and the likes, I paid 6k +++ for it but walang sticker.. and lately napansin ko meron rust sa brake drum nya, sa mga gilid, di ba kasama yan sa pag rustproof?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    All cars comes with a factory rustproofing.

Yes - there are some dealers that will *encourage* you to rustproof your car again with the likes of Ziebart. This is a bit of an overkill already... all you need really is a good undercoat.

Personally, some of their rustproofing techniques is a bit questionable... like drilling small holes in your car so that they can inject chemicals.

Anyway, you'll know that your car is treated for a rustproofing by an outside service provider if it comes with a warranty or service card from the rustproof service center. They *encourage* you to go back every 6 months or so for a *free* inspection.

bigbigcar.com Review: Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor Avantgarde

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    toyota.. so malamang scrubby coat yan.. minsan nauubusan sila nang stickers.. san ka ba kumuha?? sa Shaw ganyan din.. walang sticker nung nilabas ko.. tapos hinabol na lang nung SA ko.. naubos daw kasi stickers nila..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Have to go to my SA pa kung anu talaga, if that's the case, I'll just have to get my warranty card then, just in case magka problema ako in the future regarding sa rustproof... siguro nga nakalimutan lang or naubusan ng sticker.....

thanks a lot ha.......

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Physical inspection is another way. If you can somehow look undernath your car dapat kulay uling maitim talaga sobra tapos may amoy. Then the underbody has been rustproffed....

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Have to go to my SA pa kung anu talaga, if that's the case, I'll just have to get my warranty card then, just in case magka problema ako in the future regarding sa rustproof... siguro nga nakalimutan lang or naubusan ng sticker.....

thanks a lot ha.......

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I checked it, maitim sya na medyo makintab, parang meron nail polish.... yun.... but I can't really distinguish kung amoy ng rustproof ba yun o sa car lang, well anyway yun ang texture nya....

Rustproof Sticker