New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post this thread. My apologies though...

I would just want to know if there is still a cure for the rust on my roof.
    Funny thing is, I think it comes from the inside. Kasi po pag nadadaan sa lubak, may nalalaglag na rust sa loob.

Any advise for this? Does this need a roof replacement already? How much do you think will it cost me to fix this? What shop can you guys recommend for this?

My ride is a honda civic esi 95.
    Thanks very much for all your advise.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by li0nh3a12t View Post
    Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post this thread. My apologies though...

I would just want to know if there is still a cure for the rust on my roof.
    Funny thing is, I think it comes from the inside. Kasi po pag nadadaan sa lubak, may nalalaglag na rust sa loob.

Any advise for this? Does this need a roof replacement already? How much do you think will it cost me to fix this? What shop can you guys recommend for this?

My ride is a honda civic esi 95.
    Thanks very much for all your advise.
    I think its common among Honda models... Usually they replace the roof... Cost will be about 8 to 10K...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    I think its common among Honda models... Usually they replace the roof... Cost will be about 8 to 10K...
    yup. sakit nga ng honda yan TS.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    dalhin mo sa Road Tech Motors sa Pasig. they're gonna replace it with aluminum sheet. may thread sila sa HCP with pix at sakit nga talaga yan ng EG. you'll see on the pix how they replaced the roof.

hth

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    thanks very much for the info... will try to look for the Road Tech Motors then...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jadrobe View Post
    dalhin mo sa Road Tech Motors sa Pasig. they're gonna replace it with aluminum sheet. may thread sila sa HCP with pix at sakit nga talaga yan ng EG. you'll see on the pix how they replaced the roof.

hth
    Newbie lang ako dito... Ano yun HCP??? gusto ko sana macheck yun thread nila tungkol sa rust sa roof. yan din kasi problem ng kotse ko.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zvinzonz View Post
    Newbie lang ako dito... Ano yun HCP??? gusto ko sana macheck yun thread nila tungkol sa rust sa roof. yan din kasi problem ng kotse ko.
    Honda Club Philippines... you have to search for it, bro... medyo hidden ang boards nila...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sakit nga iyan ng mga 5th gen civic models. pero those who had their rusting EG roofs fixed, ok naman kinalabasan (basta ok iyong shop) although may cash out talaga

sa cross 5 paint shop in makati ok din dun magpa-ayos ng mga ganito. they are quite experienced when it comes to honda bodyworks & refinishing.

pero like what the others mentioned, check it out first on the honda club threads to give you an idea on what's the reason behind the rust and what's the usual solution for it.

Rust on the roof...