New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i recently discovered that the top of our car had some rust formations on the paint -- they feel a lot lie grains of sand that somehow got lodged on the surface.

posible ba that rust is forming *under* the paint, than nag seep out through some pores? wala namang visible bulutong or anything. when i scrape off the rust, parang wala namang damage to the paint or the clearcoat -- me rust circle lang

btw, medyo malapit kasi kami sa isang construction site. ung isang suspetsa ko is that the metal filings may have ended up on the car, then sabay ulan, nagalawang at kumapit sa paint

ano kaya ung most likely?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Narepaint naba yung car dati?

If yes, then malamang pinholes from prep yan. If not, then malamang fallout from welding sparks and stuff.

Try mo muna tignan kung surface rust sya or not, more often than not, pag ganyan nangangalawang lang yung mga small metal specs na tumalsik sa oto and not the body itself ang narurust.

Claying is the way to go.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    nope, original paint pa rin sya, although i have to admit na nagka crack na sya in some places(89 corolla XL sya btw). pero on the places with the rust formations, buo pa naman ung paint.

rust forming on top of paint