New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hi guys,

Another problem! hay di na naubos pagkatapos ng isa panibago naman!

Masyado akong malungkot ngayon dahil sa car ko. Pinapaint ko yung bumper ko nung tues. then nakuha ko yung car nung wed. Ok naman yung pagkakagawa sa bumper. No problems about it. Nung pagkacheck ko sa car napansin ko na madumi, maalikabok and magaspang yung paint. So early thursday morning nagcarwash ako expecting na mawawala yung gaspang..... I was shocked na hindi matangal yung gaspang so nag glaze and wax na ako but ganun parin. Tried to put cleaner wax on a small area but ganun parin. May side na smooth pero most of the part is rough. I checked the windows napansin ko pati yun magaspang! I looked very closely at the windows and napansin ko na may small particles of paint. Nag buff ako using MF cloth but kumakapit yung MF cloth.

Guys anong suggestion nyo dito? Clay bar? but parang di kakayanin eh or electronic buffer?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *mau: its ok to use a glaze on newly painted parts but as far as i know its not a good thing to wax on a newly painted surface except if the paint was dried in a baking oven for a prolonged period of time, when i had my innova spoiler painted toyota told me not to put any wax for 4 days, 4 days just to be sure because its oven baked, but if its not oven baked/dried it should not be waxed for about 2 months, If your windows are also rough and has the same particles on your bumper, chances are those or paint oversprays, this should normally be fixed using a claybar, now using Megs and Mothers commercial clays might be a bit too soft for this job so you might want to opt for BB's clay and Megs Mirror glaze clay bar to remove these.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    *mau: its ok to use a glaze on newly painted parts but as far as i know its not a good thing to wax on a newly painted surface except if the paint was dried in a baking oven for a prolonged period of time, when i had my innova spoiler painted toyota told me not to put any wax for 4 days, 4 days just to be sure because its oven baked, but if its not oven baked/dried it should not be waxed for about 2 months, If your windows are also rough and has the same particles on your bumper, chances are those or paint oversprays, this should normally be fixed using a claybar, now using Megs and Mothers commercial clays might be a bit too soft for this job so you might want to opt for BB's clay and Megs Mirror glaze clay bar to remove these.
    Ah Paint oversray pala ang tawag dun. Thanks. Nadamay kasi yung buong car roof, hood, upper half ng doors, rear, sides windows. I'am currently opt for a paint claying for BB cost 200php i just dont know if the 200 is for the whole car or per panel. Yup naisip ko nga na baka moms clay is a bit soft for the job and might not perform its job on my case. Can a paint overspray produce some damage on the clearcoats? It is so hard perform manual buffing.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *mau: you're kinda lucky its you car that got painted and repaired, i've gone through those about 4 times already and i've just opted for some paintless dent repair, unfortunately i get the oversprays from the other cars being painted even if its about 2 cars away, haha, Mothers and Megs IMO are really soft thats why when it comes to these things and other stuffs i always keep a BB claybar on hand, its a lot tougher compared to Moms but still gentle on the paint, the price on the BB's site is already for the whole car, Based on my experience these paint oversprays usually don't cause damage if removed soon, just don't let it sit for more than 3 weeks that or enough time for the chemicals in the overspray to permanently bond to the paint. A tip i got from a well known detailing shop in the US was to apply a wax to your paint before you opt for some paint repairs, he said that if your car is waxed before you bring it in the paint shop, and you get paint overspray, these oversprays will be a lot easier to remove.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I really hate unplanned expenses. Sabi ni balik ko raw for buffing pero nung narinig ko procedures nila na gagamit daw sila ng rubbing compound nagdalawang isip na ako.

Option 1
    Buy clay at bb and QD

Option 2
    Make BB do the job

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mau2485 View Post
    I really hate unplanned expenses. Sabi ni balik ko raw for buffing pero nung narinig ko procedures nila na gagamit daw sila ng rubbing compound nagdalawang isip na ako.

Option 1
    Buy clay at bb and QD

Option 2
    Make BB do the job
    why are you afraid to use rubbing compound? talaga naman ginagamit ito sa car paint eh. your paint has enough coats of clear to withstand this.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *mau: if the paint overspray sits on top of your clear coat, then claying with BB's can fix this, if the paint overspray was induced while the clear coat is still wet then they really have to use rubbing compound for this, even if you bring it over to BB if the clear coat itself is rough, bonded thoroughly with the overspray, or can't be removed with claying, even BB would use rubbing compound to fix that, better have the repair shop do it for you for free, then just watch them and make sure they do a good job correcting the problem, if you could remove a few of the overspray if you have some clay then chances are the whole thing can be clayed and that the overspray occured after the clear coat has dried. you could bring it over to BB's and ask if they could remove it with clay, if they say they can you can probably trust their word for it, anyway checkup and inspecting doesn't have a fee hehe. As for the clear coat thing phantom mentioned, it is true that once you have a paint panel repainted they put on a certain amount of clearcoat on top, and the amount is still enough to withstand a rubbing compound buffing, they're not gonna take away a lot, just a very small layer to remove the oversprays not enough really to remove a lot, but you have to ask the shop you had it repaired if they did apply clear coat, When i got my Black innova i had a spoiler installed a week after since they said the spoiler has to take more time since it has to be repainted with the exact same black metallic paint so i waited, when i got the spoiler attached it turns out that they didn't put a clear coat on it, so when i had a polish and wax job done, it actually ate through the corner of the spoiler, and now the tip of my spoiler is white, so much for expecting them to put on a layer of clear coat and this is from toyota balintawak alright? not just any banawe shop out there, my cousin also had the same experience, he had a bumper repainted but the shop didn't put on a layer of clearcoat, their really was full of sh*t, they said plastic panels don't get to be layered with clear coat, talk about bullcrap!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Natakot lang ako sa rubbing kasi compared dun sa BB nung tumawag ako ang una nilang suggestion eh clay daw and hindi rubbing eh dun sa pinagpagawaan ko baka rubbing agad. But tiwala naman ako dun sa mga tao dun sa pinagpagawaan ko ng bumper kasi mga kakilala ko kaso medyo ingat lang talaga ako pagdating sa paint same with others. But napansin ko nung naulanan medyo nabasan yung gaspang tapos pag hinawakan ko yung body kumakapit yung dumi sa kamay ko.

Nagpunta nga pala ako ng BB kahapon (saturday) sinamahan ko yung kaibigan ko may mga yellow stains dun sa white fortuner nya eh bago pa naman. Sabi ng BB dahil daw sa tireblack oil base daw kasi na nahaluan na ng mga chemicals tapos nalagyan pa yung car cover so pagtangal ng car cover dumikit naman sa body. So share ko lang dont use oil base tire black. Water base lang daw. Sadly hindi na daw kaya tangalin yung yellow stains kasi kinain na daw yung clearcoat

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last edited by mau2485; November 22nd, 2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: repost

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *mau: hahaha at least we know that it can still be removed easily which is good, as for your friends encounter with tire blacks, i've known for a long time that its really bad to use oil based tire blacks but i never imagined it could do that, and man thats scary, thanks for sharing your story now we'll all know what to buy and what not to do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
rough paint