New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Mga Sir, maligayang pagbabalik saken. I just had my very first underwash. Napansin kong walang undercoat yung pinaka gitnang part yung parange pinaka sahig ng kotse, tapos yung mga bakal, diko alam tawag pero yung mga bakal tulad ng nagdudugtong sa gulong, eh my mga pekas na at my build up na ng rust, like small dots. Ask ko lang, mas maganda ba papinturahan nalang and ang i-undercoat nalang eh yung part sa may gulong? Para magmukang bago din ba yung pang ilalim. Na realize ko hindi pede in undercoat ata yung mga metal parts na nabanggit ko. papangit kase. Paint or Undercoat?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    undercoat is rubber. more appropriate for the underside dahil nababasa, napuputikan yun, making your underside prone to rust and corrosion.
    pag paint, nag chichip. nag fafade and it does not have that anti corrosion qualities.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Flat blak paint na lang sir palagay mo. Yung undercoat kasi pwede ma ipon tubig sa loob.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Hindi daw po kase nilalagyan ng undercoat yung mga bakal. Diko alam tawag so nag attach ako pics for your advised po. Yung may mga red na arrows yung hindi daw nilalagyan ng undercoat, so plano ko paint dun sa mga hindi pwde then undercoat sa mga pwede. Panget na kase nung mga bakal. malibag na, and my spots na ng rust.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot-1-.jpg   screenshot.jpg  

5. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Is undercoat ans rust proofing (usual freebie) the same?
    Also, how long will it last, do i get another undercoat or rust proofing after "X" number of year(s)?
    Thank you...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TanJen View Post
    Is undercoat ans rust proofing (usual freebie) the same?
    Also, how long will it last, do i get another undercoat or rust proofing after "X" number of year(s)?
    Thank you...
    Take photos of the underbody of the vehicle on display for your reference.

If the car delivered to you and the underbody looks the same. Its called factory rustproofing.

Some even say the tire jack is a freebie.

Some even say you get a freebie of 5 liters.. ahem.

Worthless freebies

7. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Take photos of the underbody of the vehicle on display for your reference.

If the car delivered to you and the underbody looks the same. Its called factory rustproofing.

Some even say the tire jack is a freebie.

Some even say you get a freebie of 5 liters.. ahem.

Worthless freebies

Thanks..
    From what I understood from your post, undercoat is different from rustproofing (as this is part of factory process).
    Is that right?

To be honest I'm looking forward to owning one. Part of my freebies is rustproofing, so I'm asking if that rustproofing is periodic (say every 3-years or one time execution).
    I'm taking my assignment ahead of time (just like you experts advising to new owners here).
    Thanks again.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yes. Additional rustproofing ba ang freebie? Mas ok na freebie yun free maintenance na 1k 5k or even upto 10k.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Neutralize the rusting spot with rust converter and paint with the same color. Or, since it is at the bottom, apply some grease to it. The objective is to seal off oxygen from the metal. Grease does not dry up like the paint or undercoat and keeps on protecting the metal as long as it is still sticking to it

10. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Casa is offering free undercoat for a brand new vehicle. I don't tend to undercoat old vehicles due to fears of trapping moisture and furthering rust, but is it safe for brand new cars?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast