New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi All!

We got an '89 corolla whose chassis n paint are starting to go; me patches na nga where u can see the bare steel.

i'm thinking of having it rewashed, but i have nagging doubts na baka traydurin ako ng makina soon after the rewash B). more than 10 yrs na kc, though the mechanic says the mechanicals are still ok(gotta love Toyota, man!). The chassis is another story though -- years of neglect has finally come back to haunt us, kaya ayun, rust cap dito, lacquer paint doon...

so waddya think, save the 20-30k for a new car na lang? Ano pala marerecommend nyong shop? Been reading about CATS' diamond painting something-something...pang European cars kuno ung painting process...also read an ad from Ziebart Carsavers...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think the more appropriate term would be washover or hilamos pards

i suggest you try looking elsewhere kasi mahal jan sa cats and ziebart. kung nangangalawang na ang katawan ng car, baka kelangan na ang strip to metal paint job. with regards sa engine mo, pag bumigay na yan, salpakan mo ng 4age blacktop 20v! ehehe :D

ano ba location mo pre? i know a good shop sa pasig area. they use PPG paint. PM me if you're interested. good luck sa project mo!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi!

>i suggest you try looking elsewhere kasi mahal jan sa cats and >ziebart. kung nangangalawang na ang katawan ng car, baka >kelangan na ang strip to metal paint job. with regards sa >engine mo, pag bumigay na yan, salpakan mo ng 4age blacktop >20v! ehehe

bandang pasay tayo eh B). On ave., mga 20k yan d ba?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think the price also depends on the paint the shop uses. whether 1k or 2k paint.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you might want to look into the option of selling the car and getting a "newer" AE101 corolla. Might be a better option than fixing up your current AE89.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you love the car, get the mechanicals fixed first before the cosmetics. Kasi if you do the cosmetics first, baka magkaron ng mga little damages while the mechanicals are being worked on (i.e. mabagsakan ng screwdriver, magasgas, etc.).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    you might want to look into the option of selling the car and getting a "newer" AE101 corolla. Might be a better option than fixing up your current AE89.

Hmm...dunno about that...napamahal na sa akin eh; must be getting old and senti....plus, i really can't afford a new one ;).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ang drawback lang minsan on an old car, walang katapusan ang mga repairs. kakagawa lng ng isang part, may lilitaw na namang bago. save ur money na lang 4 a newer model, marami namang pwedeng pagpilian sa 2nd hand market na matino, jst b patient during the hunt

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    ganun talaga pag old cars you cant expect much...dami lilitaw na problems
    but if you love it bale wala yung lumilitaw na problems ...youl enjoy trouble shooting and fixing it- dami ka naman matatanungan dito sa tsikot pag medyo di mo na alam dba
    bale wala ke old or new ang car all it needs is TLC and a little positive outlook...

besides a well maintained old car would make more heads turn than a new car just out of the casa... my point of view lang

mas nakakatuwa kasi na luma na sya tapos mukhang bago pa rin tapos konti na lang kamukha mo... gets?

HTH

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    well if u dont like to get dirty and if your budget permits you are better of with a later model car

pag luma pwede na rin as second car or toy car gawin mong parang hobby or outlet ang pag aayos like what im doing with my project gen 1 pajero...nakakatuwa din naman and i get to learn new stuffs :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
to rewash or not to rewash?