New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Good day to all of you!

Yung toyota corolla XE ko kasi nag fade na yung black color plastic ng side mirrors, door handles. Namumuti na sya at pangit tingnan talaga. Baka may alam kayong parang wax or something na pinapahid para ma restore yung pagiging color black nya. Paki lagay na rin anong brand, magkano at kung saan nakakabili. Mas maganda sana kung mura lang pero kung worth it naman kahit mahal ang price pwede na rin.

Thanks in advance mga gurus!!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I've had good results with Meguiar's PlastiX. Shangri-La mall sa Tru Value or Han Tools yata meron nun in stock. 3M plastic restorers also work good, same location. I think ACE hardware should also have these in stock.

If you want to blacken the plastics again, Back to Black has been recommended to me by a good member here. I haven't had the chance to get one yet, but so far I've heard good results from this too.

Expect to pay 300 and above for a bottle, maybe more.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    agree with the above post.

do a search also, particularly in the Detailing Thread.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think theveed of Big Bert's used peanut butter (yung palaman) on his Corolla's black trim.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I've had good results with Meguiar's PlastiX. Shangri-La mall sa Tru Value or Han Tools yata meron nun in stock. 3M plastic restorers also work good, same location. I think ACE hardware should also have these in stock.

If you want to blacken the plastics again, Back to Black has been recommended to me by a good member here. I haven't had the chance to get one yet, but so far I've heard good results from this too.

Expect to pay 300 and above for a bottle, maybe more.
    thanks! will try this out.. balak ko pa naman i-paint ng flat black na. post ko pag successful.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Turtle wax nano tech spray for rubber and plastic. Ok naman.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    di ako makahanap ng 3m plastic cleaner. so settled for mother's back to black for now. ok naman ako sa results, pati sa flat black paint pede din. gamitinalthough according to my searches, hindi sya cleaner but a dressing..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hi guys.. interesting topic. tanong k lang, how about yunt clear na plastic sa may guage display.. pag cloudy na, how do you fix that.

I tried cleaning it na kasi eh, hindi talaga matangal yung cloud sa transparent plastic. baka naman may alam kayo kung paano tangalin.

I attatched a picture so youll have an idea. tagal ko nang dilemna to eh.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You tried cleaning it with what? IMO you should remove the cluster and clean the plastic from the inside using what I suggested above.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NazQ View Post
    di ako makahanap ng 3m plastic cleaner. so settled for mother's back to black for now. ok naman ako sa results, pati sa flat black paint pede din. gamitinalthough according to my searches, hindi sya cleaner but a dressing..
    sir, magkano and saan mo nabili yung back to black? same problem here. tia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Restore looks of plastic