New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi guys, I just wanted to ask:
    Is changing the color of your car still a big hassle with the LTO in terms of registration?

I heard from some HCPers that it's no longer such a big deal. They cite the newer Certificates of Registration nowadays: these no longer have a field for body color unlike before. If you have your car repainted how would you go about it come registration/renewal time?

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Execute ng affidavit of change color bro. Dapat immediately after nag change ka ng color. Why? Because baka kasi any untoward na mangyari iba ang nakareflect sa records ng LTO. Mura lang naman mga P600.00 lang.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for the quick response. So immediately after filing the affidavit, I should change the color?

Kahit sa field office ng LTO ba pwede na gawin yung affidavit?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    change of color muna bago affidavit. Original LTO office ng sasakyan mo bro.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    change of color muna bago affidavit. Original LTO office ng sasakyan mo bro.
    Does this apply if you have your car repainted a different shade of the same color? For example, mine was previously painted a dark maroon, almost brown. I had it repainted to a lighter shade of maroon; now it looks more red.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Subjective din sir ang pagtingin ng color. Pero you can never go wrong with changing it na lang, considering minimal lang naman ang costs involved. Suggest ko isabay mo na lang sa renewal ng registration mo para isang lakaran na lang.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    FYI lang guys...
    You can also ask if the painters can process the necessary documents for you. I tried asking a show car owner who had his Jazz repainted and he said he left the paperwork to the paint shop.

It's worth the effort to ask I guess

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Subjective din sir ang pagtingin ng color. Pero you can never go wrong with changing it na lang, considering minimal lang naman ang costs involved. Suggest ko isabay mo na lang sa renewal ng registration mo para isang lakaran na lang.
    Thank you sir... you're right about the subjectivity of color perception

Repainting and car registration issues?