New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the dasheild on my car was always lifting itself up with the use of the attached double adhesive tapes. so my dad used rugby to put it in place.
    i want to remove it and have it cleaned, and if i feel like it, i want to remove it completely.

however, the rugby stains are already all over the dashboard. is there a way to remove them without damaging the dash? solvents that can melt the rugby might discolor the dash to some extent so i'm getting opinions. hopefully, a DIY solution would do it, otherwise, i'd have to go detail.

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Try to remove it with kerosene or WD-40. Good Luck.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, WD-40 is worth trying.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Huwag yung kerosene. It might harm the plastics.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to warm it up....trapo soaked in boiling water...then placed over the rugby for at least 3 mins or more might loosen the rugby sticky properties and then pede mo ng libagin.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    oki ... thanks. i'll try it over the weekend

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    as always, try mo muna on a discreet part, maliit lang, see what happens. sa exterior pag rugby, gas always works, basta light rubbing lang. good luck!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last edited by Virgin Bulate; July 11th, 2003 at 05:16 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    i know it is a bit late for a reply on this thread, here goes
    i usually use diesel to remove rugby and the likes mga double adhesives. I tried removing excess rugby stains on painted metal surface and ok naman walang discoloration sa paint, I tried it also sa leather seat ok din wala naman nasira.

Removing rugby