New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I havn't had my truck washed for 2 weeks now due to the continuous rains. Problem is dumikit na sa body ang dirt and cannot be rinsed by water pressure alone. Na trauma na ako during my last car wash wherein nagasgas and paint ko because of improper rinsing. The idea is to remove the dirt muna before shampooing right? Do I do this with a sponge and water or can I use my hand (while rinsing with water) in removing this?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Err... mukhang mali pre ang gamit mong mga tools to wash your car.

Sponge / barehands isn't a good idea. Use a wash mitt for shampooing & microfiber towels for drying. And get a good shampoo (tulad nung sa Big Bert's).

For an extra muddy vehicle... I just soak the vehicle 15 minutes before to soften up the dirt.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The dirt can be removed by strong burst/streams of water from a power washer. However, it would depend on how much psi that power washer can churn out.

One thing's for sure: don't wipe of the dirt even if your truck has been soaked with water because it will definitely ruin your paint.

Good luck.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    agree with the two posts by M2 & nico. don't wipe it coz it will definitely scratch the paint.
    shower muna your ride para medyo lumambot ang dirt. pag medyo malambot na, pressure washer mo. after washing, ituloy mo ng detail.

just a tip. kahit everyday umuulan. i always make sure that when i reach home at night, pinag shower ko ride ko. just to remove the dirt or para wag dumikit. the following day na lang ang wiping & QD.

good luck bro!
    Last edited by silhouette; August 10th, 2005 at 09:26 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the tips!

mazda,
    WHat do you mean by soaking it 15 mins before?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    clay bar is your friend

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    WHat do you mean by soaking it 15 mins before?
    I think M2 means that you sop-up your truck with water. Let the water stay for 15 mins. (soaking it up) to soften then, like what Silhoutte said, when the dirt softens up, spray it with strong streams of water using a pressure washer set to a high psi.

Djerms:
    - Get a bucket of water
    - put lots of car shampoo in it
    - get your trusty wash mitt and slowly wipe of the dirt, dont rub it tho
    - wipe in a straight line not in a circular motion, make sure you get lots of car shampoo on the washmitt for added lubrication
    - work your car per panel meaning soap one panel then rinse then so fort
    - NO, I don't think power washing it is a good idea, it might scratch/damage your paint
    - if you feel a lot of contaminants sticking on your paint after wash, clay it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [QUOTE=silhouette]
    just a tip. kahit everyday umuulan. i always make sure that when i reach home at night, pinag shower ko ride ko. just to remove the dirt or para wag dumikit. QUOTE]

korek!

ako, 2 days lang... body wash na ulit. ;)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    waaah ako ang dumi na. Dapat kanina iwash ko pero dami ko ginawa. Galing pa naman outing yun at 1 week ko na sha hindi nalilinis waah!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Removing dirts and grime before car wash