New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Also on the budget side.
    3M Wax..the ones in the sachet heheheh. I use the High Gloss. It costs about 30-40pesos per sachet. My best compliment with that wax was when somebody leaned on my car and slipped, and he said, "Your car is slippery ha."

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    Also on the budget side.
    3M Wax..the ones in the sachet heheheh. I use the High Gloss. It costs about 30-40pesos per sachet. My best compliment with that wax was when somebody leaned on my car and slipped, and he said, "Your car is slippery ha."
    3M ultra gloss is also very very good. just apply thin. hindi nga lang durable.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^ yeah, i noticed, after a few days, the shine is gone. But it does give a nice "wet look". Pero if comparing TW Platinum Series and 3M Ultra Gloss, ano po yung price difference, and which do you prefer? I haven't tried TW yet. I think i'll try a different "budget" wax next time heheheh.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    if you can get "zaino" down there, I would highly recommend it...

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    ^^ yeah, i noticed, after a few days, the shine is gone. But it does give a nice "wet look". Pero if comparing TW Platinum Series and 3M Ultra Gloss, ano po yung price difference, and which do you prefer? I haven't tried TW yet. I think i'll try a different "budget" wax next time heheheh.
    600+ yung bottle ng 3M ultragloss. Sa TW PUG, 499 ang bottle.

I liked the wetlook shine of 3M but it doesnt last. pang carshows lang kumbaga. I loved the turtlewax PUG, easy on EASY off. To compare, 3M has more shine....TW PUG has more gloss so what suits you? Again, paints are different so they WILL shine differently.

My Verdict: TW PUG. I bring out the shine using Meguiars Polish and enhance it using TW, coupled with TW Detailer.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    sa wax, ang nagamit ko pa lang e tw and moms. mas more on sa moms ako over the tw

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    3M ultra gloss is also very very good. just apply thin. hindi nga lang durable.
    Same user here!

Oo nga, di masyadong tumatagal yung kintab pero VERY worth it naman, re-application is needed in a short period of time. Wala me budget sa mga bote boteng wax eh, oks na 'tong sachet!

Manipis at konti lang din me maglagay, kalahati nga lang nagagamit ko per sachet, pati sa van ko nagamit ko pa, ikanga, mega tipid!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yeah ,the 3M Ultra Gloss will last me 2days..3days max. I also tried the other one..i think it's got purple colors on the 3M Sachet. I think it's a glaze. It didn't shine as much, but, it gave me more of a flat clean look. I didn't like it as much. It made my car's color look darker.

How long should a good wax last? For those who are using or have tried using Mothers or Meguiars or Soft99 or Turtlewax...how long does your wax last?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    All these waxes are hyped out, there isn't a wax I could recommend not just because I am in the other side of the globe, but also because I haven't had an as good experience with any of them as Sealants, and no wax makes your car shiine as long as 8 months unlike Sealants...

I detail for profit and never use wax. When customers ask me what wax do I use, they would all be surprised when I say, "I didn't apply wax on your car, sir". And when they ask me how I achieved that shine and deep wet look, I tell them, "it's just the right preparation and some Klasse Sealants, that's it..."

But seriously, it's not the wax, it's how you prep your car. 99% of all the waxes out there are almost identical, they provide deep wet looks for the first three days after application, after that, they're gone, and your car is all dusty due to the oil you covered your car with...

But, if you really want a great wax, try a S100 for $8. It's been tested and compared with that $1000 wax and showed no big difference at all.

However, I figured this will be helpful to most of you guys;
    How to Properly Wax your car

How-to Give Your Car The Perfect Shine

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as far as traditional wax goes i've tried a lot and i think i like the shine of P21S the best. most reputable companies will make a wax that gives you a nice shine, so as long as you know what you're doing you should get respectable results.

i like to use the sealants too (imo Klasse is the easiest to use and has the best results), mainly because they are more durable and i don't have time to wax every month. but i do find that the 'luster' is not as good as the carnauba wax. of course, that is easily fixed by laying a coat of P21S carnauba on top of the Klasse sealant glaze

also, fyi, with the kind of climate you have in the Phils you shouldn't expect any wax to last for too long....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Recommended wax