New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    tsikoteers, any ideas on how much strip to metal repaint service cost?

a home service car painter priced it around 40k for complete strip + metal repairs + repaint (dupont) + all materials included.

the project is a "very used 95 isuzu LS pickup" which definitely needs a lot of metal work due to rust. do you think the price is okay?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Reasonable na yan.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ok na yan yung Lancer itlog ng sis ko 35K ang repaint nya.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    yup reasonable na yan sir if the pickup does need a lot of bodywork.

my friend quoted our midsized sedan at 30k - but that's "kaibigan" price so 40k sounds ok.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just had our coding car, a 96 corolla, stripped and changed color for a very, VERY reasonable price (it was white kasi and parating pinapara, so when a stupid jeepney driver bumped its right front door,i decided t'was time to have the whole thing done, good excuse ). very happy w/ the result.will try & post pics. they even picked up and delivered the car from and to my place(!). suki ni fellow tsikoteer katsudon_ph, i got the shop's number from him. if you're interested i'll pm you the contact details

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pa pm paps ng details.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Reasonable price na yan.For me mas maganda pa din kung sa shop papa strip to metal.Meron kase incident dito sa amin pina change color at ginawa sa bahay sa loob ng garage merong sablay sa isang portion.

Quote Originally Posted by wulf View Post
    just had our coding car, a 96 corolla, stripped and changed color for a very, VERY reasonable price (it was white kasi and parating pinapara, so when a stupid jeepney driver bumped its right front door,i decided t'was time to have the whole thing done, good excuse ). very happy w/ the result.will try & post pics. they even picked up and delivered the car from and to my place(!). suki ni fellow tsikoteer katsudon_ph, i got the shop's number from him. if you're interested i'll pm you the contact details

How much inabot? a PM will be appreciated.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    Reasonable price na yan.For me mas maganda pa din kung sa shop papa strip to metal.Meron kase incident dito sa amin pina change color at ginawa sa bahay sa loob ng garage merong sablay sa isang portion.
    pwede din cguro ganito mangyari may sablay kung sa bahay gagawin, reasonable na yan price mo dude, unless you are not after the quality

reasonable price for Strip to Metal + repaint