New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    http://www.kingindustries.ca/quixx.htm

According to that website, they can also remove scratches that are finger nail deep. Totoo kaya ito? Meron bang ganito ang Meguiars, Mothers, Turtle Wax etc.

Or the same effect can be done with clay? Hmm... makes me wonder.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    clays don't remove scratches, they remove impurities, so can't compare a scratch remover to a clay as the latter is never meant to do that.

The product you posted is interesting, based on the product description, it seems like they're selling ultra fine grade wet sanding paper (5000-8000 grit maybe) and some polishes.

I'm not sure if that's it, but I've seen Japanese companies sell such systems since the mid 90's, consisting of 9000-10000 grit wet sand paper that's really, really fine and causes very little marring on the paint, making it easy to polish off.

Now as long as the system doesn't contain any form of paint, then all it can do is still the traditional "round the edge" scratch removal and can not fill in an area that no longer has paint. You need paint to fill an area where paint is absent...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh, thanks for the link Nice to read something "new" again in terms of detailing products.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    You're very much welcome.

Regarding this product, so you mean to say, it'll fill in the gap of the scratch (e.g. primer is visible) and then that's it? How about the paint? Is there a product that can do magic like copy the color or fill the scratch plus mimic the paint? (Wow, I think I'm asking too much)

OT: Sir theveed, my cyclone blue civic has a scratch that is primer deep. Can it still be handled by Big Berts or do I need paint?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No, it can't fill in anything... It rounds the edges of scratches and that's it. The primer that's showing cannot be filled by anything other than paint.

No there's no product that can fill the scratch other than paint itself...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    OT: check out their other products. they also sell poker chips sets.

Meguiar's, Mom's and TW can't do that too. :bwahaha:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe, good one :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    LOL

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    If it's any help, this product is also available online at Amazon.com

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Quixx-Scratch-Remover-Automobile-Finishes/dp/B000F57TLI"]Amazon.com: Quixx Scratch Remover for Automobile Paint Finishes: Electronics[/ame]

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    mga sirs question...i have a 2 month old black car...nagpa detail ako last christmas.. hangang kelan po effect nito kasi mukhang gusto i try ung optiguard... pede po ba un
    thanks po

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The "Real" Scratch Remover daw