New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    My ride is currently in the shop and I'll get it in 2-3 weeks. Can you please give me any tips on what I can do to protect it? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    A good wax, available at your local parts store or detail shop. Wax surely protect your paint.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; June 6th, 2008 at 10:50 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jpatricks1 View Post
    My ride is currently in the shop and I'll get it in 2-3 weeks. Can you please give me any tips on what I can do to protect it? Thanks!
    direcho kay BigBert...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    +1 sa big bert.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    IMHO, let the paint dry thoroughly for at least 2 months before applying wax..

and invest in a good microfiber cloth and car duster..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    wait for 2 months before applying wax or sealant to your newly painted car. after 2 months you can avail of a paint protection service for your car

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    While waiting for the 2 months "drying" time, you can use glaze

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pa- detail ka sa detail doctor! home service! if you want it done right after the paint job, okay lang din, we'll find a package that doesn't include the wax so your paint can breathe and dry correctly. if you want to wait until after your paint is fully dried naman, no problem din apply natin yung wax para kumintab talaga. by the way we use adam's premium car care products... really high end detailing products yan from the states.
    contact me for questions or whatever.
    mig blanco 0917-8543652
    Last edited by mimig; June 20th, 2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: forgot something

Protection for a newly painted car