New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I have a problem, I hope you guys can advice.

My car had an undercoating job done and i got it back yesterday. I left the place satisfied with their accomodating service only to discover their gross negligence of having left my front right tire loosely screwed. That was my first problem to solve the whole day today, i was worried about the thumping sound yun pala it was the tire.

Anyway, the bigger yet unsolved problem: Then i had my car washed and was surprised to see that the body still had a sticky and grainy texture. even the windshield! I noticed this when i picked up my car but thought it was just dirt and was told by the mechanic it was so. Great, obviously they screwed up protecting the body when they applied the undercoating. Most likely they didnt cover it properly. I have yet to talk to the owner of the shop, but i want to ask how to remedy the problem which i will be demanding the shop to shoulder.

Is there a liquid solution that can easily "wipe away" this layer of stickiness? or does this call for a major paint job?? Or buffing? If buffing is the answer, that would be a problem. a shop demo-buffed a small area of my hood and since white spots appeared he said my car's paint was too thin to buff properly and would need a total "hilamos"...

great. argh. any input on ow to solve this would be appreciated. thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    that is one very bad service that you got.

balik mo for a back-job, most probably may pangtanggal sila para sa napunta sa body na pang-undercoating. you should speak directly to the shop owner regarding your complaints.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nangyari sa akin yan sa Zxxxxxt, recently. Meron undercoating spray marks sa body and upholstery (beige pa naman) &_**&*##!!

Like you, hindi ko rin napansin when I got the car. Ibabalik ko sana sa gumawa, pero baka gumabre pa.

So, pinasok ko na lang sa Bigberts later that week for PPP. Don't know what they did, but noong bumalik ako....markings sa upholstery and body are gone, like magic.

Most likely, high speed wax/polish ang ginawa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dalhin ko na lang sa detailing shop yung sa paint and glass. .. yung sa tires, kung wala naman nasira, charge to experience (since most likely, kakamutan ka lang ng ulo at mag-a-apologize) BUT balik ka sa shop to complain. kung may nasira, have them fix and replace whatever needs to be replaced without charge since it was their fault.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Sa experience ko after undercoating ang ginagawa nila they wash the whole car with kerosene to removed some over sprayed resedue sa car body and then wash it again water and car shampoo. after that nagwax na lang ako to protect the paint kasi siguradong tangal ang wax nito after the kerosene treatment.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just apply wax and polish it. but in time after constant washing mawawala din yun grainy texture na yan.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    WHEW!!! Thanks for all the advice! For a while there I thought paint damage na yun. I'll prob have the detailing done elsewhere at their expense, definitely not with them!

Thanks a lot!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Have it clayed.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saang shop po yan para maiwasan na ng ibang tsikoteers?
    marami pa naman nagbabalak ng undercoating ngayong nag-uulan na.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    thanks bravo. will look into that.

zero, without naming names out of goodwill (they apologized and are shouldering the expenses to remedy the problem after all) just steer clear of Dr. Carreon St. Manila, I guess

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
post-undercoating problem