New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bat_zignal View Post
    Remove the plate cover then spray your plate with clearcoat paint. Repeat spraying as desired - that's what I did and it looks great.
    Also though about this. But it does not solve the problem of the plates getting folded up.

Yung Expedition na nakagarahe sa MMH, nawalan na ng isang digit. When it was sold, the first letter was just about ready to fall off na din. Probably as a result of students (may school kasi) getting their clothes/bags caught on the license plate.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    cge try ko lahat ng sinabi nyo, tnx guys

oo nga badtrip pag nabura na, parang kahit gaano kakintab tsikot mo pagdating naman sa plate, wala na basura na

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bat_zignal View Post
    Remove the plate cover then spray your plate with clearcoat paint. Repeat spraying as desired - that's what I did and it looks great.
    Probably the best solution here.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Baka hindi lang totally lapat yung silver na border nya over the glass cover. So far sakin naman hindi pinapasok ng tubig.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by starbutt View Post
    using a clear plastic cover is alright, unless it is tinted. the law does not prohibit placing the plate inside a plastic cover. what is being punished by law is (1) not keeping your plate clean, (2) failing to ensure that it is readily visible or (3) not attaching your plate in front and at the back of your car. tinted plastic cover is unlawful because it makes the plate not readily visible and thus defeat the purpose of the plate. fyi lang po.
    yup, we are aware of this. what i was implying on my previous post is that pwedeng palabasin ng LTO na may takip pa rin yung license plate mo, maski hindi tinted, pwede nilang palabasin na hindi pa rin visible...so hassle yan sa driver...

much better kung wala ng takip, iwas hassle.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sakin naka deflector, Ok naman sya. Palagay ko Ok lang ito dahil sa very clean and clear naman yung cover.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Real glass ba yung deflector na plate cover?.....kasi what I'm looking for is "real" glass plate covers with frame...I read in another thread sa Aguila Glass daw meron available...meron ba ganyang store dito bandang Laguna area?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Acrylic po ang lens ng Deflector. Sa Aguila, glass pero walang boarder. Talagang papasok ang elements between the plate and the cover.

Currently, Aguila clear ang gamit ko sa likod. Sa harap naman ay Euro style black fiberglass plate frame (walang lens).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Magkano po bumili ng plates sa LTO? AFAIK, pwede yun right? pag sira na yung plaka, pwede ka bumili ng bago? madali lang po ba ito?

thanks

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    From lto.gov.ph:

Request for duplicate plates

Documents Required For Private Motor Vehicles

1. Original Certificate of Registration (CR) and latest original Official Receipt (OR) of payment
    2. Actual inspection of MV with duly accomplished MVIR
    3. Clearance from LETAS 4. Clearance from LETAS
    4. Taxpayer's Identification Number (TIN)

Documents Required For For-Hire Motor Vehicles

1. Original Certificate of Registration (CR) and latest original Official Receipt (OR) of payment
    2. Affidavit of Loss
    3. Actual inspection of MV with duly accomplished MVIR
    4. Clearance from LETAS
    5. Taxpayer's Identification Number (TIN)

Procedure:

1. Proceed to the transaction counters and submit all the required documents to the Evaluator for evaluation and computation of fees.

2. Actual inspection of motor vehicles with duly accomplished MVIR.

3. Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called for the necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt (OR).

4. Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called to obtain the Certificate of Registration (CR), plates, stickers, and other requested documents.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; December 12th, 2006 at 04:11 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Plate Number Cover