New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The warranty on my Altis 1.6E is about to run out, amazingly it's been three years. It's got 46,000+ on the odometer.

How do I fix it up? What I mean is, what options do I have from the most simple - like adding sideskirts, modifying the front and rear bumpers, halogen bulbs for the headlights and fog-lights, dressing it up with a good set of shoes...

to the extreme like having an engine-swap, modifying the exhaust system, putting in a blaupunkt sound system, and the like...

I'm a complete newbie in this so I need a helping hand for the most practical upgrade which can achieve maximum impact.

How much are all the possible options going to cost? I'm not interested in making it look too riceboy-like, I don't want to compromise the ride quality too much (i.e. lowering the suspension, 19" rims, etc.). I don't care too much about spoilers (who needs them if you don't plan to go above 180?).

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    keep it clean like simple skirts and mags lang ok na ang impact sa altis.

also you might want to check out the euro version, some people, including myself are a fan of euro styling

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    ironically, one of the simplest ways of making it look better is by lowering the suspension and changing your rims...

having nice rims without lowering the suspension does not look nice, well at least for me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    akala ko tungkol sa altis sa pimp may ride eto thread... may monitor sa bumpers on 4 corners

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    unfortunately if you plan to upgrade the size of your rims to 17" and above, you should lower the altis a few inches coz it is too high (and probably sacrifice a little ride comfort). its like being on stilts, i see these altis with huge rims but the fender gap is horrible, looks awkward and funny sometimes.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kimpoy: yes, just what I was thinking, something simple and not too show-offy. I'll check out that euro styling.

coyki: I was thinking the sideskirts all around would make it look lower already. I'm planning on 17" rims lang max.

impulzz: haha. sobra naman yan. that's an awesome show with a huge budget.

Speaking of budget, would 30K be enough for preliminary work on the body?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    unfortunately if you plan to upgrade the size of your rims to 17" and above, you should lower the altis a few inches coz it is too high (and probably sacrifice a little ride comfort). its like being on stilts, i see these altis with huge rims but the fender gap is horrible, looks awkward and funny sometimes.
    BlueBimmer, I don't plan on going above 17" rims. so can I pass on the lowering?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    to minimize fender gap, you could get 50 or even 55 series tires at the most for your 17 inchers.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002

courtesy of a-toy bodykits...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Pimping the Altis