The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the pros and cons please... at the end of the day, which is better :?:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    assuming it's the same product...

paste... bar none...

lasts longer, uses less product, easier to apply...

liquid is more convenient and stores easier (less chance of drying up).

but if you have a choice, go for paste.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks for the quick reply sir :D

Not that I am doubting your answer, but I wish to understand more. What made you say that paste lasts longer? Ano po ba ang proper way to store waxes para hindi tumigas?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ace, imho lang. paste is thicker than liquid. i think that the best way to store waxes is in a warm dry place.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No problem, questioning is good... don't just accept what you read...

Paste waxes doesn't need as much water and silicones to make it "liquid", so a greater concentration of carnauba is retained from the same volume of product...

Same thing as bar soap and liquid soap... the former will be cheaper, and lasts longer than the same VOLUME of its liquid version...

Also, paste waxes is best stored in a COOL, dry place... like ANY product, warm air invites moisture and condensation... Water will deteriorate the concentration of any product.... Just make sure your wax is tightly sealed... Waxes only solidify when exposed to heat and air... if it's air tight, it'll stay soft...

Some car nuts even store their expensive waxes in their fridges to keep moisture out...

The dryer the atmosphere, the longer you can store things in general...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Theveed,
    most of the meguire's I've seen (Hans Shang) are liquids. (step 1, step 2 and step 3)... mother's 3 steps are also mostly liquid. mas okay ba yung paste ng megs or mother's?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Liquid products sells better for most companies kasi, it's also cheaper for them to produce (larger profits)... As long as the product itself is good, ok lang kahit liquid sya... ang argument lang is, if 2 of the same product is available in 2 forms, prefer the paste... kung wala, go for the liquid.

Mother's Carnauba comes in both paste and liquid, I believe sa CATS may paste version... Or if you're near Banawe, go to Team R Specs near Mcdo/Orthopedic, sila ang distributor.

Meguiar's High Tech Yellow Wax also is available in both forms, but I believe that Simex only sells the liquid form.

Meguiar's Deep Crystal Step 1 to 3 are available only in liquid form. Most polishes and compounds are liquid, but we're discussing waxes sa thread nato... I guess mas "acceptable marketing" for them to sell 3 bottles of liquid rather than 2 liqiud and one paste diba...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano ba ang shelf life ng mga detailing products (wax, polish, glaze)
    be it paste or liquid.
    Meron pa kasi akong mga bote ng polish at swirl removers
    na noong mid-1990s ko pa nabili. Puede pa bang gamitin yun?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    usually around 5 years.. but it all depends on the storage condition... I remembered my dad stored a box of Klasse stuff for over 8 years before and they're fine, but that's because the bottles are all sealed tight and far from heat and moisture... opened products may not last more than 2-3years, I believe... but honestly, I don't have any clue as to how long stuff will last given the variables like your storage area, how well it's sealed, etc...

Paste vs. liquid wax