New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Good Day!

ask lang po ako sa mga expert.
    meron pong nagbebenta sa akin nissan vanette 1994 model.
    kailangan napo i pa repaint, upholstery at paayos ung dash
    board nya. pati ung mga rubber sa windshield at window sa gilid.
    mga magkano po kaya magagastos ko?

at kung paunti unti ko pagawa. ano po kaya uunahin ko?
    painting, upholstery, o ung mga rubber seal sa windshield at
    sa mga bintana.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    start with the rubber seal on the windshield & windows to prevent water getting into the van.

The interior (dash & seats) should be done all at once because dust & dirt gets everywhere. So if it's done once, clean up would be once lang.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    correct if im wrong.
    first kailangan ko muna pagawa ung mga rubber seal sa mga bintana
    pintuan at winshield.
    Second ung interior upholstery lahat pati ung sidings(door) at ceiling including
    dash board.
    third and the last is painting.

tama po b ung pagkakasunod na dapat kong gawin? limited lang
    kasi budget ko kaya plano ko unti untiin pagawa.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I had the same problem with my car last year. Limited din budget at ang pagawa ko is payday to payday, and it took 5 months for the whole project to complete. :-)

In my case inuna ko ang painting. Based on previous experience, madalas nadadamay ang interiors because of overspray. Solvents and chemicals also tend to affect the rubber seals. Para makatipid, I did some of the work myself and left the rest to professionals. Anyway, ito ang ginawa ko:

1. I removed the seats, sidings, headliner and carpet. I washed them myself. My only cost is Oxy Out upholstery cleaner and Lysol. Medyo matrabaho ito.

2. With the interior removed (as in, dashboard lang at steering wheel ang naiwan), I had the car re-painted. Since kailangan ko rin ipa-reseal yung windshield ko later, pinatangal ko na lang. Which is good, since ang dami nang dumi and corrosion ang nag-accumulate sa pinagkabitan ng windshield. In my case, ito yung isa sa cause ng leak.

3. Changed the rubber seals in the doors and trunk, cost me about P4,500. Nakakita ako sa Banawe ng kamukha ng old seals ko at per meter. May mga mas mura, pero parang di maganda yung rubber.

4. Had the front windshield re-sealed, costs P1,500. Good pa kasi yung gasket; sealant lang ang kailangan.

5. Had the seats re-upholstered with leatherette, cost is around P10k. In case you're interested, pure leather starts at P30k. Cheaper alternative is seat covers. I had mine done by Seat Mate in Mandaluyong.

6. I had the leather inserts in my door siding replaced at P350 each.

7. Last is the headliner. They refurbished and strengtened the old headliner and placed new fabric material.

Pag may extra, I'm thinking of having my steering wheel leather wrapped, last quote sa akin is P1,600.

Painting and Upholstery