New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta 2K paint, parehas lang ata. correct me if i'm wrong nalang.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I checked the batch numbers of the two "Manhattan Gray" paints i bought. The pint i bought last october was of a different batch thatthe one i bought last week. I compared both batches and they were TOTALLY different! It seems that the factory cant reproduce the original color.

The orig manhattan gray was nearly black, the new one looks like a very very dark light gray. The metallic grains are also more numerous on the new one and it seems that they are far more coarse.

I had no choice but to have a new batch of paint "timpla"d to match. Good thing competent yung taga halo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PPG
    sikken
    dupont Centari 600 are
    2K or urethane

only dupont has acrylic type or 1K
    dupont lucite 400

magkaiba nga talaga yan pajerokid, maski ako hirap na hirap sa nippelac,
    nag a adjust pa rin kami, pag napunta ka rito gawan kita ng touch up paint

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the offer sir Kimps!!! :wink:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Late na yata yung post ko but I still hope it will be helpful.

I used to work at a paint shop - it is actually very common to have two different batches of paint, mixed using the exact same formula, to have differences - ranging from subtle to drastic. There are many, many reasons because paint mixing is such a precision process:

slight scale inaccuracy
    pigments (especially the micas/metallics) not mixed/shaken enough
    human error
    spraying method
    surface prep methods
    color of the primer

and so on....we always used to test spray, then start toning it to match, then spraying, over and over until we got it looking right from all angles. Blending/feathering out to adjacent panels was always an option but we tried not to if the color was fairly easy to match, because it's a waste of time and material.

Cliffs Notes: always get the paint matched, even if it's factory formula mixed. Bring your tow hook cover or fuel filler door to the paint shop and they should be able to get it perfect for you... ;)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tanong lan po ulit...ano differences ng mga 2K or urethane paints tulad ng PPG, sikken at dupont Centari 600 in terms of:

1. affordability
    2. quality
    3. ease of application

curious lang po :wink: ty :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas mura yung dupont kesa ppg or sikens lalo na sa akin siyempre tsikot.com price he..he

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lesonal oks din!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kimps,

Ganong katagal drying time ng Acrylic??? 2 weeks?

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    try to go to a reputable paint center, i suggest buy du pont car paint!!! its the best!!!
    affordable price and high quality paint. Sure they can match your color, just bring along a sample ie, gas tank cover

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
PAINT Q