New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :oops: :oops:

I have this problem. yung paint ng hood ng kotse ko e me konting bubles. Para syang dumadami as the days passed. Can you help me kung pano ko matatangal yung bubles or if not how to minimize it na lang. Sayang naman kung paparepaint ko agad. ala ba kayong alam na pwedeng ipahid pantangal nun.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is your hood rusting through? or maybe the heat from the engine is boiling the paint...

merong nabibiling underhood heat insulation as far as i know...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama si mbt. i just had that problem fixed kasi saktong sakto yan sa naging prob ko. wat they did was strip the paint to the metal. and repainted the hood. siguro naman the shop were u had it painted would accept a backjob or else their name would be tarnished. i just had it repainted 2 weeks ago. so far no bubbles yet. hope this helps! peace out!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good Day Ferio -- just want to know kung magkano inabot pag repaint ng hood mo and gano katagal, kailangan pa ba iwan sa talyer ng ilang araw? Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    poor painting yan, either they held the spray gun too near, didn't let the primer dry, basta poor painting technique.. possible rin na rust is forming from underneath. Di possible matunaw ang paint from engine bay heat unless talagang kargado oto mo at umapoy...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I happened to my previous car... had the hood repainted and months later I noticed bubbles forming on the hood. My car had headers na kasi kaya the area directly over the headers yung bubbles... solution, repaint and add insulation under the hood.

Paint Problem