New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    *sir mau
    kindly look at the pics from this thread po.. post #2930 baka po ganoon din yung inyo, yun po yata yung paint oxidation..
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...18901&page=196

*ma'am madkatz
    Question po, recommended din po ba or okay lang po ba ang gamitin ko ang step 1 after claying? Mainly for maintenance of the paint lang po as well as complete protection na rin dahil first time ko pa lang po gagawin mag clay sa vios namin..I was wondering kung safe ito sa paint kasi baka it's too harsh or something..
    Yup ganyan po pero hindi naman ganun kalala hihi. Pupunta ako ng Hans tools mamaya bibili ako nung cleaner

Nalagyan ko na ng IHG but ganun parin.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mau2485 View Post
    Yup ganyan po pero hindi naman ganun kalala hihi. Pupunta ako ng Hans tools mamaya bibili ako nung cleaner

hehehe.. mukhang step 1 na talaga ang pag-asa nyo sir.. tinatanong ko pa nga po kay mam madkatz kung mas recommended na isama ko ang step 1 sa detailing ko..kung maaari claying + step1,2,3 na..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008

aray!!! car ko po yun nasa thread na yun

anyway, paint oxidation rin ba yung sa case ng hood ko? :worried:

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PareKoy View Post

Sorry po Oo nga pala nakapunta na ako ng Hans kanina and bumili na ako ng Step 1 binili ko narin yung plastx hope maging ok yung result bukas. Bukas ng morning ko gagawin.

Hindi ba abrasive sa car paint ang step1 pano ang application? parang wax lang ba ito na kailangan lang ng applicator pad tapos buff lang with MF cloth?

Anu nga pala ang pagkakaiba ng pre-wax cleaner at carnuba wax cleaner ng mothers?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Sorry po Oo nga pala nakapunta na ako ng Hans kanina and bumili na ako ng Step 1 binili ko narin yung plastx hope maging ok yung result bukas. Bukas ng morning ko gagawin.

Hindi ba abrasive sa car paint ang step1 pano ang application? parang wax lang ba ito na kailangan lang ng applicator pad tapos buff lang with MF cloth?

Anu nga pala ang pagkakaiba ng pre-wax cleaner at carnuba wax cleaner ng mothers?
    Sir anung brand ng Step 1 na nabili nyo? and how much?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008

Hehe sensya na po..Di ko rin po sure pero baka nga po oxidation yun..

Carnauba Cleaner Wax ang alam ko po para lang yun sa light colored paint, kumbaga parang ni-rerecommend siya ng Mother's instead na mag step1 at 3 pa..Sa website po ng Mother's ko nabasa..Pre-Wax cleaner mainly for deep-colored cars kasi IMO mas nakaka-hide ng swirls at mas nagiging rich ang color..

Visit niyo na lang po website ng Mother's para sa correct application ng Step 1, di ko pa po kasi nata-try eh..Maybe bukas pa lang ako bibili hehehe..

Hehe, sir balitaan niyo na lang po ako kung nag-improve yung sa car niyo..goodluck po!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Sir anung brand ng Step 1 na nabili nyo? and how much?

Mothers po Pre-wax cleaner Step 1 485petot sa hans tools sa shang. Meron din nyan sa true value at blade

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *chickselog: Sorry for the late reply, this is the usual time i go online after going out with my friends.

As for Step 1, based on how i understand what the official Mothers site says, its like an abrasive polish but more on chemical in nature. Its like a chemical cleaner that removes dead paint and dull and oxidized finish by chemically removing the top layer. Based on what the agent from Mothers Philippines Distributor says, its totally non abrasive and can be used safely on all car finishes. But im more inclined towards sticking with what the official mothers site states, however i have tried using the Step 1 cleaner by hand and by Rotary (just for experimenting to see if it can work better) and both doesn't seem to thin out the clear coat. If ever it does thin out the clear coat, it would be a really really thin layer that would be removed. Its actually pretty safe since based on the Mother's Philippines agent it can be used as often without worrying too much especially if its applied by hand. I have also used it on my cars and haven't noticed any remarkable reduction in my clear coats.

If you are gonna clay and want to do things the right way, then i would suggest using Step 1, if you are concerned about Step 1 being abrasive or not, that or Step 1's abrasiveness, then apply a very thin layer only, and buff it off immediately, work by doing one panel at a time, this way if its a physical abrasive then working by hand won't remove a lot of clear coat, it would be negligible, and if its chemical in nature then buffing it off after doing one panel would lessen the time the chemical could work to remove a lot less of the clear coat. And yeah i would recommend using Step 1 after claying, but you don't have to use Step 1 everytime you detail. You only use step 1 if the paint has stains or dull paint. Using Step 1 on a very clean paint would be pointless.

Claying + Step 1 2 and 3 would be 2 thumbs up, and if you're still not satisfied, top it up with Mom's Topcoat for the added shine and protection. You get the Reflective mirror like shine from Topcoat and the wet look of carnauba upfront.

*Parekoy and Mau: Try to bring it over to Big Berts, im sure the people there could evaluate it and recommend the proper steps to take. Evaluation is free as far as i know and as far as the numerous times i asked. And at least there, they could tell you whether they could do the job of not, and if they say they can you can trust their word for it.

*Mau: Yup you're right, Just put it in an applicator, apply it to the paint panel, work it a bit since cleaners have to be worked with moderate pressure and needs some elbow grease to work. Buff it off using a MF Cloth and you're done. Just don't forget to top it up with a layer of Step 2 and 3 or any wax for than matter to seal it up and protect it.

Step 1 is different from Carnauba Cleaner Wax in the sense that Step 1 is a pure cleaner and it does not offer any protective layer afterwards, if you feel a smooth feel after reminiscent of a just waxes feel, that would be because of the rich oils in it. Step 2 is like a glaze and filler in one, it makes the paint shine and stand out more at the same time filling those light scratches and swirls. Step 3 gives that last shot of shine and depth at the same time protecting the paint with a Carnauba wax. As for the Carnauba Cleaner Wax imagine all 3 steps combined altogether in one product but does a lot less in each ones respective jobs. Its like a baby version of Steps 1 2 and 3 in terms of each of the 3 steps performance. This is quite good in terms of maintenance especially for those people that have less time to wax their car and even less time to do a 3 step process. It is significantly lower performing if compared with step 1's cleaning power and step 2 shine and sealing power but it not that far behind if compared with step 3's protection, in short, for a maintenance product it does a pretty good job of providing protection.

If you are set with using Step 1 to 3 then just use Step 3 every month and Step 1 and 2 only if neccessary. If you are bent on using the 3 step however, buying a Carnauba Cleaner Wax would be pointless since its cleaners can also remove your primary coating of wax replacing it with a less durable coating of wax. As for personnal preference im still with the 3 step process.

I hope you guys understand, kinda groggy now hehehe.

*Parekoy: They talking about Mother's brand, You could also try Megs, i've also used megs and its also nice, i just recomment Mothers since its a lot easier to remove hehehe.

*Mau and Chickselog: i read your post on the other thread regarding Zwipes and thanks for the information. I got 2 sets of the MF cloth with 2 MF applicator pads, and one of their drying towel. The Mf is quite good and the applicator pad is also nice, but im very dissapointed with their drying towel. It doesn't absorb a lot of water, i don't know if its just be but its also a bit hard and rough, im sticking with my Elevo and Microtex Drying Towel

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    *chickselog:
    *Parekoy: They talking about Mother's brand, You could also try Megs, i've also used megs and its also nice, i just recomment Mothers since its a lot easier to remove hehehe.
    Mother's brand is also more budget friendly :thumbup:. I'll try mothers..

Also, thanks for the advice re: bigberts. I'll drop by sometime.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    No problem, its always nice to be able to help, i hope you find a sure fire way of fixing your hood.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Paint oxidation how to remove?