New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hi i am considering to have my car repainted but i have some questions that need clarifications. Can anyone give me an advice to help me decide...My car is a 1995 Toyota Corolla. I had a washover twice years back.

First, i am considering to have a change color. How much would it cost me to have it registered for the change color in LTO? My ending number is 2, so will that be okay if i have the color changed right away and wait for the registration month(Feb 2012) to have its color change in my registration papers? by the way, it is still on a third party's name, i only have a deed of sale, so will LTO allow it to have a color change without transferring the name to me?

Second, I really can't decide if i will be considering a "Strip to Metal" or a "Washover"? Some one offered me to have a "Strip to Metal" and told me that it is the best for a car because according to him "Washover" eventually will have "bubbles" on it (lumolobo daw) because the paint does not stick easily to the previous paint, that's what i understand from what he said. and he also told me that my car would be "Heavier" because the paint is just repainted over.

On the other hand, someone else offered me a "Washover" and told me that My previous offer was only good for the part of the Painter because "Strip to Metal" is a lot easier to do because it uses "Stripsol" or paint remover than using abrasives (the grinder sort of power tools) to remove the previous paint leaving the primer only. And he also told me that the original primer is the best primer because it will not make the paint to have bubbles (lumolobo), he claimed that "Strip to Metal" will bubble faster than "washover". And "washover" is a lot cheaper.

So can anyone clarify these to me please. I am not considering to have it done soon because both of them suggested to have it done when it is not raining, so i decided to have it done maybe a few months or so. though they both suggested to bring it to their garage because they will paint it in a roof covered area.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    and can anyone pm me your prices if ever?

Paint Job Anyone?