New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    i'm currently getting my car repaired for a minor bump in one of the Honda Dealerships. The car has been in the dealership for a week now. All the repairs are finished except for a final touch of paint. I asked them how long it would take, they told me that they still had to wait for the sun to shine in order for the paint to dry properly. My concern is that we are currently experiencing daily rains as it is the rainy season. I just want to know if this is a valid reason? Because if this is the case, i think that dealerships should have better paint drying facilities as the Philippines has a long rainy season.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kalokohan yan, hinde naman sila magpaint under the rain eh...

saan dealer yan?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Usually all big casa has "all weather spray booth" so walang kinalaman ang ulan, kung small dealer yan baka di pa tapos nung sub contractor or the sub contractor's painter is new on the job.

Nangyari na sa akin yan na alibi nila ay ulan kaso natameme sila ng ituro ko sa kanila yung "all weather spray booth" nila, yung pobreng subcontractor's painter ang nag-shoulder ng materials kasi 7 times ko pinaulit. Spot painting ang ginawa noong una, pero dapat buo kasi per panel ang bayad ng Insurance, kaya kita na naka-mapa yung repaint, pinaulit, and then konting off color pinaulit ko, konting di pantay na masilya pinaulit ko, may sanding marks sa base coat na napatungan na ng clear coat pinaulit ko, overspray sa nearby panels pinaulit ko. In short, niloloko nila ako kaya pinasa ko sa kanila ang kalokohan nila.

Rainy days myth is just an alibi for unfinished jobs. Dreaded paint bubbles and blisters are not due to weather, it is because the painter do not exercise the recommended flash-off time on each painting stages.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sa ordinary paint shop na walang oven di talaga pwedng mag paint ng umuulan at malamig ang panahon pero kung sa casa tyak yan meron oven heater yan para makapag paint sila

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    my family's car was repainted last June 2008. to telly you frankly, nothing bad happened. the weather has nothing to do with the drying of the paint that will be applied. nanloloko lang yan!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    just as i suspected. i doubt that they don't have an all-weather spray boot as they are the main branch of one of the chains of honda dealerships. sa tingin ko kailangan ko ng mangulit. its just very dissapointing that i thought that since dealerships charge a whole lot of money, i expected better customer service.

thanks

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    have you checked if your car was there? baka nasa outside paint shop pa na walang "0ven" / all-weather spray boot

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    May mga paint types na designed to dry quickly esp in rainy environments. Pero generally, mas OK pag oven-baked ang painting sa tag-ulan. Wag magmadali kasi investment mo rin yan.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    mukhang incompetent talaga ang dealer na ito. i just found out today that the real score is that the replacement bumper for my car has not yet arrived. after waiting for 10 days ngayon lang sinabi sa akin. mag ingat kayo sa dealer na ito. don't be fooled by it being the main branch of a chain of honda dealerships. this is the worst service i have experienced. our family have availed of services in other dealerships, nissan, toyota. but this is the worst. i suffered for 10 days with my car just gathering dust inside their dealership. a simple phone call early on telling me that are still waiting for the replacement part to become available would have sufficed. but no.

lesson learned. expensive service does not automatically mean good service.

Paint Drying during Rainy Days