New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    guys, ano ba ang usual cause ng paint cracks? lamat or scaling effect sa paint. i have a paint cracks,lamat or scaling on the surface of my tire cover. im just curious how this happens. na aayos paba to?

also what about those hard scratches na gawa ng pusa, sabit sa edges na rough and the likes? i think its deep enough that when i rub it with my fingers and feel it with my nails. mafefeel mo na deep enough coz parang may canal. and medyo kita na yung white part. ano ba ang remedyo sa mga ganyang cases?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    The tire cover is usually made of flexible material like urethane or plastic and is painted to match the body color of your vehicle. Since paint, when it dries up, does not follow the flexibility of the tire cover, cracking/scaling is likely to occur everytime the cover is flexed. This can be caused by careless/hurried removal of the tire cover during tire changes or when people lean on it while parked. Once cracked or scaled, there is really nothing you can do about it except to have it repainted and then exercise more care in handling next time.

The good news is that fixing the scratches on your car's surface is doable provided the scratch is not that deep. Try Turtle Wax Color Magic or other similar waxes that closely match your car color (does not have to be exact). Rub the wax onto the scratch, leave until it dries (usually 1-2 minutes), and buff with a clean pranela cloth. Repeat until it is no longer distinguishable but always wax the car in the shade and make sure body is cool before applying the wax otherwise you will do more harm than good. The other alternative is to have a paint/body shop do a rubdown with rubbing compound on your car. This will cost a lot though.

Hope this helps.

guys, ano ba ang usual cause ng paint cracks? lamat or scaling effect sa paint. i have a paint cracks,lamat or scaling on the surface of my tire cover. im just curious how this happens. na aayos paba to?
    Normaly 2-stage urethane paints should be flexible and should not crack under normal conditions. My guess is that the shop used acrylic paint which is hard thus causing cracks... solution is to repaint the whole panel.

also what about those hard scratches na gawa ng pusa, sabit sa edges na rough and the likes? i think its deep enough that when i rub it with my fingers and feel it with my nails. mafefeel mo na deep enough coz parang may canal. and medyo kita na yung white part. ano ba ang remedyo sa mga ganyang cases?
    mmm tough to tell, detailing alone will not remove the scratch since it is a deep scratch, you might need to repaint the whole panel.

paint cracks and hard scratch