New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    What is really the best way to care for the paint of a brand new car? I heard some people say that you should wait 2 months before you can have it waxed. Others say it's ok to apply wax..

Need help here...

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    bring it to big berts auto detailing.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hmm.. just browse through the detailing threads.. that can help you alot.

anyway, if your car was newly bought, as in brand new from the dealer, then its ok to wax / seal. in fact, I would recommend getting some protection immediately while there's still no defects on the surface.

give us more specifics, like color and model of your car.

if newly painted, then that's a different story...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Diba pag brand new e nilalagyan ng dealer ng sealer and paint mo before nila bigay sayo? yeah you should wait at least 2 months to do some waxing on your car. kung dark color ang car mo when you wax it and wipe it make sure to do back and forth motion instead sa circular para hindi magkaroon ng swirl marks. then use 100% cotton na towel and when you wash your towel make sure not to use bleach and powder soap dapat liquid para magnda ang dating and dont use softener also.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    not necessarily 2 months waiting period. in all likelihood, naka-tengga lang yan sa dealership area or plant exposed to the elements. I would rather have that done professionally afterwards. like have it clayed then sealed.

BTW, go for MicroFiber towels. these are the best.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    make sure you tell him what kind of micro fiber towel to use kasi may mga SH#T na microfiber towel which will scratchyour paint

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    lara, try to browse sa detailing thread. or try to contact/visit bigberts.

congrats on your new toy!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Usually dealers just stock up their cars on an open vacant lot or on a warehouse. They accumulate lots of dirt and grime. At times when you opt for an undercoat or similar option, they overspray on the car's paint. They maintain the cars with the usual cheap rags that it gets swirls and marring on the paint. If you want to get it "paint protected" dealers charge you additional cost. Get it cleaned and protected asap.
    Last edited by cardo; July 15th, 2005 at 10:09 AM.

Detailing Thread - Tons of info here.

Also you may want to have it assessed by a pro, then you do the maintenance work, less work for you. Get the Microtex MFs, QD, and ofcourse a Cali Duster (In Cardo's words the Magic wand of detailing )
    Last edited by ILuvDetailing; July 15th, 2005 at 10:19 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thanks guys for the help!

I'll just go to Big Berts tomorrow for the detailing. They are the experts I guess and they would know what to do...

I bought microfiber towels already and been using it for the past week. I also bought water blade and cali duster. I am using polyguard shampoo and I observed that dust doesn't accumulate much with this shampoo, based on my observation. I also bought meg's gold class endurance for the tires (expensive but looks ok, IMO). Might consider cheaper ones in the future.

Next problem is the regular weekly waxing. Bigbert is too far from our place and I would probably do it myself. For a silver Fortuner, next question is what type of wax to use and how you do it. I am not used to buffing machines (BOSCH) but I have one at home - no one is using it... am afraid might scratch the car for a newbie like me. Any tips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Paint Care For Brand New Car [Merged]