New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Karding,

You definitely won't be disappointed with S100/P21S. I suggest that to maximize the full potential of the wax, and to get the best shine, depth and richness in paint color, you go through whatever proper paint prep your ride needs. Baka hindi ka rin masiyahan ng husto kung wax lang ang ilalagay mo pero me slight swirling and oxidation na yung car.

Since I believe you're from the States, I also suggest that you get S100 from any Harley Davidson dealership. It's priced at roughly $15 a tub as against P21S which is priced at $24. Laki ng savings. These two waxes come from the same manufacturer, and it is widely believed in the detailing community in the States, and here in the Philippines, that they're practically identical. Re-marketed ang S100 for the Harley people kasi so they believe that the bike enthusiasts won't shell as much as $24 a tub for wax. On the other hand, P21S naman is being marketed to the high end sports car like Porshe, so natural na palabasin na mas mahal.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bacon, is this the wax you are referring to? Kinda got confused when you said "tube" and I can only find the below image. Thanks for the info, may cycle shop na malapit sa bahay, I'll get some this weekend. I need a buffer too, I dont have the patience to buff it with my used socks :lol:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Would you guys recommend this over Megs #20 sealant in terms of durability and look?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Karding: Tub hehe...

Mojako: Looks is purely subjective, no product can claim it is "better" than the other... As for durability, as usual, synthetics will outlast any wax...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mojako,
    Carnauba waxes cant be compared with sealants in terms of durability. Sealants will always outlast waxes. In terms of looks, that is really subjective. Sealants tend to give extra shine while premium carnauba waxes leave a deeper and more wet look shine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Karding,
    Na mis-read mo lang, dude...tub of P21S. Hehe. Yep, that's it!

Mojako,
    If you're inclined to have the glazed look (IHG, Moms S&G, Megs Show Car Glaze, etc.), maybe its worth trying #20 out. I was told by the people from Simex that you can apply #20 over Show Car Glaze. Have to tell you, though, I haven't tried out this product personally yet. Medyo me kamahalan dito. Sa States, mga $17 lang yan. I think they're selling it here for P1500-1700 per bottle.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by bacon
    Karding,
    Na mis-read mo lang, dude...tub of P21S. Hehe. Yep, that's it!

hahaha, okay, thanks ulit :cool:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the reason why im comparing megs #20 and S100 is because they have the same price locally. May nagbebenta sa PAD ng S100 for 1.5k and sa Simex naman, 1.5k rin yung #20. Medyo may kamahalan nga talaga sa simex. Glazes don't last that long eh noh? so parang sayang naman pera ko if it only lasts as long as the wax that I use on top of it, so parang sulit pag sealant, then wax for aesthetic purposes? what do you think peeps? Has anybody used Megs speed glaze here? may repacked bottles kasi sila sa simex eh

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speed glaze is a good product for fresh paint but for looks it doesn't really do that much... I'd rather spend it on bodyshop hand polish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
P21S Carnauba Wax