New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by an0nim0us
    but it tends to fade-out a bit in very bright light (mid-day) esp if your car's not tinted.

sorry kapatid but I have to disagree. Look at the pic I posted, it's taken at broad daylight. If direct sunlight hits the gauge, then you dont see anything. But the design of gauges like the MZ3 (Euro design gauges) eliminates the so called "fading"

Karding post some pics of your dash gauges naman

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ILD, its the same gauge on page 2. I edited the pic with img instead of url tag.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    sorry kapatid but I have to disagree. Look at the pic I posted, it's taken at broad daylight. If direct sunlight hits the gauge, then you dont see anything. But the design of gauges like the MZ3 (Euro design gauges) eliminates the so called "fading"

Yup, iba sa mazda pati color nya. Yung sa Camry/Altis kasi 'flat' lang yung gauge and white yung lights so medyo faded pag mid-day sun. Not a problem tho as kita pa rin naman hindi lang ganun ka-bright. One very simple solution is 'tint' he he. Thanks Bro

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA
    I think its called

"Better than your neighbors"

Sa Pilipinas, its called "Wala yan sa gauges ng lolo ko" hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi pala Optitron ang tawag sa Mazda3.

USDM MAZDA3 2.3l and SP23 models have the excellent day/night contrast of electroluminescent gauges with a unique combination of red and blue lighting.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ganda-ganda naman ng gauges nyo! inggit ako! kasi sawa na ako sa green eh...(halatang luma na ang oto..)

pero ang downside naman ng optitron gauges, pag hindi mo na adjust ang brightness sobrang liwanag naman..kita ka from the outside..which i dont like..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs
    pero ang downside naman ng optitron gauges, pag hindi mo na adjust ang brightness sobrang liwanag naman..kita ka from the outside..which i dont like..
    sounds like a personal problem to me kapatid

RE: Mazda3's gauge adjustments doesnt affect the settings between night and day settings aka On and OFF position of the headlight/parking light.

sample:

when headlight is OFF and adjustment is made to the highest setting #5, the illumination when the headlight is ON stays the same as before (i.e. #3). So, when you turn ON the headlight/parking light, the illumination will not blind you.

Same thing goes for my previous 04 Civic, kahit na optitron iyon at hindi electroluminescent.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    You can adjust the brightness level as with the cars I have experienced that have this type of gauges. Sa Cefiro Elite yun current model may several brightness settings. Sa iba naman dalawa lang. Bright or medyo dim. Pero magagawa mo lang ito pag naka on ang lights mo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    sa grandis din adjustable ang brightness setting. not sure about the hondas though

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Optitron / Electroluminescent Gauges [Renamed]