New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i recently tried this product after good reviews from detailing sites.

walang banlaw! about 2 cap fulls on a pail of water, wipe via towel or mitt, then wipe off with dry towel. the result:

exterior, glass, door, interior wipe, wheels done in about an hour. normally about 2 hours with full wash. only used two pails of water vs ? gallons. shinewise, not as deep as klasse, but the product works as described. also, the product can be used to make a qd spray and clay lubricant! i already made a qd spray and it is very slick.

i think this is ideal back home with limited space, water, and time. i wonder if there are any similar products already. feel free to comment or add.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Used these products a couple of times when I was still in the US, truly a time saver, but hardly viable to use in the Phil, though...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Used these products a couple of times when I was still in the US, truly a time saver, but hardly viable to use in the Phil, though...
    bakit di viable sir? sobrang laki ng diprensiya ng cost per wash?
    maganda din kasi yung tipid sa tubig

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is it still ok to use this even if the car is full of mud after driving in the rain?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    theveed, bakit di ideal sa atin? curious lang.

shadow, hanggang makapal na dumi lang siguro ito. pag putik, full wash na. i dont plan on replacing full wash with this product, but i am prolonging my full wash currently anywhere from 2-4 months .

more info from site: polymer-based, biodegradeable, (enviro friendly?)
    it cost me $40 for a gallon, good for up to 128 washes if using 1oz + 1 gal water, comes up to $.31 per wash (P13.64 at 44).

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    some update. my ride is turning light brownish due to the recent cali rains and dust on the paint. i thought of doing a full wash, but i tried the "rain" method posted on autopia and it even worked better. did the same thing mentioned above, except i sprayed a good amount of mist of onr qd mix on the section i am about to clean. i guess it helped soak and lifted the stuff and made the process much easier.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cost per wash is too high, in addition, as most of you have probably realized by now, a clean car doesn't stay clean for more than 24hrs in the Phil, drive it out from driveway to the first major intersection and your wheel wells look like they've been to the Kalahari Desert or something. Washing wheel wells alone in the Phil takes quite some effort even with a pressure washer.

Depending on where you are in teh US, a weekly wash or a bi-weekly wash is a common thing, in the Phil, if you're anal about it, no less than a wash a day will suffice.

You can't compute it that way either as we don't have such products off-the-shelf, so importing such a heavy liquid container won't be cheap for shipping and taxes.

Does it have its place in teh Phil, yes, especially if you live in a condo where basement parking doesn't allow any washing at all, but chances are you won't bother because of the heat, the fumes, the lack of light, and the cramped quarters...

Much easier to just pop 80-100 bucks for a full wash and vac from shops.

Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine (and maybe "walang banlaw" products)