New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Ok ba magpa opticoat instead of car sealant and wax? Me feedback naba sa mga nagpalagay na mga brandnew sasakyan?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Punta ka sa autogeek or autopia forums sir, marami rami na rin ang nag feedback re: sa opticoat

Pero based sa mga nasa news feed ko sa fb, ok naman, yung iba kasi months palang pero going strong padin, dapat lang, kasi years ang promise ang protection ng opticoat.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I've seen some pretty impressive real-life tests of Opti-Coat - I've read several spanning more than a year, with the coating still going strong. David Fermani has one on Autopia where he had half the car coated, then spent the next two years having it washed at touchless car washes (strong chemicals) or with Dawn (Joy dish-washing detergent). Still going strong when he turned the car over at the end of the lease period.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ayun, meron na palang thread. Sa ibang thread ako nag-post for my inquiry.

I am sort of interested din dito kasi the promise of years of protection, tapos less maintenance. Oks na oks kaya talaga ito? Or may magiging problem in the long run?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmamba58 View Post
    Ayun, meron na palang thread. Sa ibang thread ako nag-post for my inquiry.

I am sort of interested din dito kasi the promise of years of protection, tapos less maintenance. Oks na oks kaya talaga ito? Or may magiging problem in the long run?
    Opti-Coat is probably the most proven coating in the market today - I've read a lot of reports from various detailers from different countries praising the product's longevity. Aside from David Fermani's report above, there's also a detailer in Malaysia (so fairly similar weather to ours) who has long-term (18+ months) reports of the product - he did a half-and-half on a hood of a white car, and you can see the big difference in the Opti-Coated section vs the non-Opti-Coated one, in terms of marring, embedded dirt, shine and overall paint condition.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Opti-Coat is probably the most proven coating in the market today - I've read a lot of reports from various detailers from different countries praising the product's longevity. Aside from David Fermani's report above, there's also a detailer in Malaysia (so fairly similar weather to ours) who has long-term (18+ months) reports of the product - he did a half-and-half on a hood of a white car, and you can see the big difference in the Opti-Coated section vs the non-Opti-Coated one, in terms of marring, embedded dirt, shine and overall paint condition.
    I see. The service offered here is kinda pricy though. Pero kung pulido at proven maayos gumawa, worth it na din siguro. I liked this because matagal na ako naghahanap ng ganitong service dito satin kaya I got excited when I learned na meron na dito sa pinas. hehe. Just need to hear some comments on their service first and positive testimonials. =)

Our 3+months old white car is currently applied on a 1 year paint protection program.

EDIT: Reasonable na pala ang price compared kay david fermani. hehehe.

7. Join Date
    May 2013
    We should make a bulk order in amazon.com for all of us here in tsikot who would like one to apply in their cars.
    It's much better and cheaper compared to the 15-27k offered by OPT here in Philippines.
    It's seems easy and simple to apply it, but you just have to prep the car properly for the best results ... so why waste 15+k if you can just apply it yourself.

We probably need someone who is in the US to ship some here or just ambag for the shipping cost.
    Price is probably around 2400 if we ambag for the shipping
    Link below is the cheapest I found :
    Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    ^ Sa Ebay sir kulang kulang na 2k lang yan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MDonato View Post
    We should make a bulk order in amazon.com for all of us here in tsikot who would like one to apply in their cars.
    It's much better and cheaper compared to the 15-27k offered by OPT here in Philippines.
    It's seems easy and simple to apply it, but you just have to prep the car properly for the best results ... so why waste 15+k if you can just apply it yourself.

We probably need someone who is in the US to ship some here or just ambag for the shipping cost.
    I think sa 2013 vios thread merong nagpa-opticoat ata, I think, sa isang shop. 8k ata singil. I will check again that thread. Gusto ko din malaman how is it now, kung ok naman sa ulan2.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    as far as i know OPT philippines will sell you opticoat2.0 and its quite reasonable. but what they use is OPTICOAT PRO. they are the only authorized dealer in the philippines who can apply opticoat pro. 2.0 is a consumer version lang and is nowhere near as durable as the pro version. the consumer version also doe not come with warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by MDonato View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast