New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Two candidates for restoration :

1972 / 1973 Corolla Sprinter 2 door

1973 / 1975 Colt Galant 2 door

Anybody had experience doing restoration on either one. Kwento naman your good / bad experiences. I really want to get the old school expanded rim look. May gumagawa pa ba ng expanded rim ngayon? Ung klase na pwede mong lagyan ng 225 tires. Or maybe mag wheels set na pwede 205 front and 225 rear. Also experience lowering these old school bad boy bruisers.

Sarap siguro to have one of these and putting either a 4G63T or a 4AGE series engine. Any comments about that idea?

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    i drove a 1973 dodge colt back in college, saturn engine.
    pero mas gusto ang sprinter.
    kung steel rims, madali lang i-expand yan. kayang-kaya sa machine shp.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    definitely make that sprinter into a project. the galant is kind of blah, imo.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    definitely make that sprinter into a project.
    I second to that plus with wide fenders.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    thanks for the replies. dont you think that the sprinter is too cliche. the reason for going into these types of projects is to have one that you wont see in the street too much.

what i like about the 2 door galant is that it looks like a datsun 510 which is the classic compact street racer in the states.

either way, i think what would sway my decision is the availability of replacement parts for these models. the ones that i've seen have dented bumpers, blacked out headlights and scratched faschia. know of any good places to get these external treatments?

Engine rebuild or swap engine? which would cost less? know anyone who has mated any of these body types to a modern engine?

yep. am aware that if i am to go for expanded rims, i need to use ordinary steel rims. bit hesitant about having just any machine shop do this though cos of safety issues. baka meron kayo alam n machine shop na dedicated sa ganitong type of work.

Thanks

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    for more info on old school corollas's check out www.grupotoyota.com.ph hth!

particularly this thread:
    http://www.grupotoyota.com.ph/board/...pic.php?t=7986
    Last edited by jeff; January 11th, 2005 at 02:06 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I had an experience restoring a Sprinter way back, something like 12 years ago. Ganda nyan! Problem is I think it'll be quite difficult to get body and interior parts nowadays. Back then I was a regular at Ichiban in Banawe. The owner is addicted to Sprinters. He had 2 or 3 very well restored units back then...absolutely beautiful.

Check them out if they can still source parts for your project.

Good luck!

Old School Porma