New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Let's talk about odor removal in the car.

My problem is specifically odor on the steering wheel, probably caused by sweaty hands of the previous owner.

Any ideas on how to "kill" the odor (as opposed to "masking" with a car scent).

Steering wheel is vinyl, I guess, basta yung stock nung Corolla 98.

I have read this page, http://www.topoftheline.com/odors.html, but it calls for professional products not readily available. This page http://www.howtocleananything.com/hc...tointerior.htm also recommends a product which I doubt is available in the local supermarket. Meguiar's has an Odor Eliminator.

Any cheaper way, with cheaper products? It's such a small area I am hesitant to buy any expensive cleaners.

Thanks a lot.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    use a hot towel with some soft hand soap and rub the wheel again and again and again and again until it's clean.

Do this once a week for a couple of months and it'll be gone... and wear gloves while driving hehehe joke.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    change the steering wheel. :D

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    pa-leather mo steering wheel sa seatmate. tanggal yan.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    honga..you can only imagine how all sort of dirty ways makes for a smelly steering wheel..what about a splash of rubbing alcohol coupled with anti bacterial lotion..?..plus a new set of reasonably priced steering wheel cover would be ok if i'm on your shoes..
    Last edited by tagalnasaabroad; June 1st, 2005 at 04:20 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed

Do this once a week for a couple of months and it'll be gone... and wear gloves while driving hehehe joke.
    Months? Wow!

The smell's not mine... previous owner's. Don't have sweaty hands hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by baiskee
    change the steering wheel. :D
    May airbag eh... However, considering I've heard of Toyota's airbags not deploying anyway... hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by maverick34
    pa-leather mo steering wheel
    Won't they just cover the existing one?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Nope. They'll take off the existing cover and put/handsew new leather cover.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick34
    Nope. They'll take off the existing cover and put/handsew new leather cover.
    san po yung seatmate? may contact # ka?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Near Mandaluyong City Hall. 5322104/5311299

Odor removal...