New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    just have my car newly painted and it isnt oven-baked. our garage has no roof for the car and i am worrying about the coming season.

my questions are:

hindi ba madadamage ang painting nito with the coming continous downpour of the rain (as i am afraid to use car cover in it due to bad experiences with the cover)?

i read somewhere na newly painted car should be cleaned only by plain water, how true is this?

can i sprinkle plainwater to the car everyday?

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    just have my car newly painted and it isnt oven-baked. our garage has no roof for the car and i am worrying about the coming season.

my questions are:

hindi ba madadamage ang painting nito with the coming continous downpour of the rain (as i am afraid to use car cover in it due to bad experiences with the cover)?

hindi po. safe na po iyan wag lang hale ang babagsak lol.

i read somewhere na newly painted car should be cleaned only by plain water, how true is this?

BS po yan. Car shampoo and soft water pa din ang the best

what for? magkakawater marks lang lalo car mo.

thanks in advance.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008

what for? magkakawater marks lang lalo car mo.

i thought kasi na it is best to wash/sprinkle the car before we retire para maalis ang rainwater, w/c contains acid (?), sa body ng auto.

anyway, thanks for the response. at least am worry=free na sa paint.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by del View Post

my questions are:

As long as the paint and rust proofing is in good condition, continuous rains will not damage your car's paint.

In cases like this, you should be more concerned about rust developing if certain parts of the car's metal was exposed due to damage to the rust proofing layer.

Yes, but only because the paint requires a few weeks to properly harden. During that time, don't apply waxes and cleaners to the car when cleaning it.

Not really needed but it would be useful to rinse off the accumulated dirt on the car before the water dries (if the car is rained on during the day). Otherwise, it would serve no useful function.

on newly paint and rainy days