New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Hi Everyone,

Hindi ko sure kung natanong na ito before pero hindi ko makita sa 1st page nang list of topics for this forum eh

Anyway, my question is about yung mga car covers (yung parang mga silver colored tents na pinapatong sa mga kotse na nakabilad sa araw.

First of all, are they effective in minimizing heat and UV damage to the paint finish ?

And secondly, are they more trouble than they are worth ? meaning, will it cause more scrathes and swirls ?

Pa enlighten naman on the pros and cons and sorry again if this has been asked before.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've been using car cover for more than 2 yrs na. so far wala naman bad effect sa paint ko. pero when covering ur car, make sure na malinis ito coz sometimes dust on the cover may cause scratches on car. one benefit it gives me, nde gaanong nadudumihan yung car, pag katanggal ng cover konting punas punas lang..

my 2cnts..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO, I think it does minimize damage to the car's paint.:D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    please do a search about "CAR COVERS" thanks.

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Boss theveed,

Thanks for the tip, I did a search and only found a few threads on car covers. After reading them, kumunti na lang questions ko...

1. Okay ba yung Kobe brand na nakikita ko din sa Ace Hardware and SM ? When you say na dont buy cheap covers, how cheap ba yung mga cheap na price ?

2. Mukhang to minimize dust damage, yung magandang partner nung car cover is the california dust buster Saan nakakabili niyan saka how much ?

3. Last question about yung Big Bert rainy day promo... Is is advisable for brand new cars (yung polishing, clay, and sealing) ?... mukhang maganda nga yung German sealant ninyo. Advisable ba yan sa brand new cars na a few weeks pa lang galing straight from the factory ?

Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1) Yes naman, I checked it out before and it looks good, I'd still dust the car and place a nice, soft bath towels on my flat panels (hood/trunk) before putting on a cover.

2) Yes, a duster is a must before placing a cover... Our shop sells the CCD at 1500 a piece (wood handle)

3) Yes, a lot of our clients are brand new cars that opted for our sealing, but in most cases, brand new cars do not need polishing and can go straight to the cleaning and sealing portion... Cost is about 1000 less than the ones with polishing.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Boss Theveed,

Thanks for the enlightening replies! I think I'll be visiting your shop soon (for the duster and the promo). Are you open on Saturdays ? And what time does your shop open (and close) ?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if i may add, kung gagamit ka ng car cover, avoid yung ones which have plastic layers sa loob, yung parang may kapote. it has a different effect sa paint ng oto kung halimbawa umuulan tapos biglang aaraw. parang ang nangyayari is natratrap yung moisture sa loob and hindi makasingaw, leading to parang stains sa paint ng oto. if ever you would want to use car covers, make sure yung parang mesh-type sya, the ones which allows moisture inside to go out of the cover.

syempre, you still have to dust it muna before covering like what mr. theveed said.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, we're open on Sat and Sun dude...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BigBerts opens at 1030 am - 8pm.

Newbie question on car covers