New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    hi everyone, newbie po me.

few days ago, i bought a brand new ford escape po. i was being offered by ford about this ziebart diamond gloss. ok po ba yun?

if i decide po ba to do the protection and polishing on my own, pwede po ba and waht shall i do.

after few days lang po ksi, since maulan ngayon, e pansin ko me mga aspalto na gilid.

thnx in advance

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Forget it. Any kind of wax or polish you can buy at a store would be comparable to this dealer stuff and save a few hundred or even a thousand bucks.

All it is, is a polish/wax. Sometimes acrylic based. It doesn't last 3
    months let alone three years. It's applied by the dealer or an outside shop. It costs the dealer about 150.00 pesos if they apply it themselves, or approx. 250.00 pesos if done to an outside shop. It's a great money maker for the dealer and salesmen joke about it all the time. The guarantee is useless and hinges on the laws of average. Don't waste your money. If these systems could ever work they'd be formulated in the paint or applied at the factory..... Total nonsense.

Teflon in a product is also marketing hype. Teflon needs heat. Approx 625 degrees to stick to a metal surface. It can never stick to a paint surface just to rub it. Its a baloney.

Another Bull S_ _ _ marketing ploy.... also known as snake marketing. WALK AWAY.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    *v6dreamer: sir, you mean to say, there's no need to have any "application paints/sealers" they say "paint protection" in NEW cars? i for one is thinking for my Nissan bought 2 weeks ago...that ziebart-diamond-gloss, sbi nila after availing that, all you have to do is just wash with water- and presto! no need for any waxing... salamat po for any reply
    hapiDrvng

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i agree with v6dreamer, i just bought a new crv and fall prey to that marketing ploy. Honda called it hydrophillic paint protection especially designed for water to bead out but lo and behold water spots really love to stick on my car's body. Its a total waste of money. So what i did was to buy a meguire yellow techno wax and applied it myself. The result is much pleasing.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DBanker View Post
    *v6dreamer: sir, you mean to say, there's no need to have any "application paints/sealers" they say "paint protection" in NEW cars? i for one is thinking for my Nissan bought 2 weeks ago...that ziebart-diamond-gloss, sbi nila after availing that, all you have to do is just wash with water- and presto! no need for any waxing... salamat po for any reply
    hapiDrvng

Paint protection is much known called CLEAR COAT. Paint sealer isn't that good unless your car is freshly painted. Wax protects your current paint and clear coat from dirt, road salt and prevents rust.

So I would stay away from spending that much on paint sealer because it won't hold up as well as wax.. unless your car has JUST been painted.

*bokpogi.. You have just been victimized by snake marketer. Clear coat is a coating applied over automotive painted surfaces from the manufacturer to protect from the harmful UV rays & give the paint the long lasting shine. Wax is an smart move to protect the clearcoat..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Paint protection is much known called CLEAR COAT. Paint sealer isn't that good unless your car is freshly painted. Wax protects your current paint and clear coat from dirt, road salt and prevents rust.

So I would stay away from spending that much on paint sealer because it won't hold up as well as wax.. unless your car has JUST been painted.

*bokpogi.. You have just been victimized by snake marketer. Clear coat is a coating applied over automotive painted surfaces from the manufacturer to protect from the harmful UV rays & give the paint the long lasting shine. Wax is an smart move to protect the clearcoat..
    I also have a brand new crv and I would like to use my free hydrophilic paint protection from Honda... Would that be advisable?...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    oks mga Sirs, so i will not have my GL undergo such "paint sealings/protection" they offering; question is - can i apply "wax" na agad considering my (brand new )ride is only 2wks old? or car wash (siempre with shampoo) na lang po muna...? tnx
    - hapiDrving

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    * James 007... Hydrophilic is just a wax. I hate to break the news to you, but all you did was pay way too much money for a simple wax. The 'sealant' they used isn't much better than the Turtle Wax or some other protectant you can pick up for about (? pesos). Use it, its your"s.

*DBanker.....THERE IS NO WAITING TIME for waxing a new car!! All the
    new cars stay at the factory for 45 days before being shipped to the dealers. So, go ahead and wax your car!! DON'T buy the teflon or whatever there selling protective---new cars ALREADY have it!!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    honda's hydrophilic nonsense is not a wax... but it's bull$hit nevertheless

what you should do is get some turtle wax ice liquid polish. so easy to use you can use it every 2 weeks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post

*DBanker.....THERE IS NO WAITING TIME for waxing a new car!! All the
    new cars stay at the factory for 45 days before being shipped to the dealers. So, go ahead and wax your car!! DON'T buy the teflon or whatever there selling protective---new cars ALREADY have it!!
    -salamat po, will do! advance Merry Xmas... hope to meet you when u go "balikbayan"
    hapiDrvng

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
newbie query about diamond gloss