New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    thread title should be self-explanatory. and btw, saan ok magpa repaint? the camry in subject is black, owner wants to repaint it white.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sorry pero ganda na ng Camry, unless marami dyang meron.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    medyo mukhang ''classy'' kasi ang porma ng new camry, gusto nung owner na mag mukhang pang binata yung porma. but not the sporty type na with OA body kits with huge rear wings.

why didn't the owner get the white variant instead of the black? for me repainting a brand new car is a complete waste of money, unless you're filty rich.

Get aftermarket wheels, its the only upgrade you'll need.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    i think at first he liked it black, then he apparently saw a couple of white camrys on the road so he eventually craved for a white one.

any painting shops you can recommend? pag ganon, washover lang ba ang kailangan or the strip to metal (or whatever it's called) thing?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing View Post
    why didn't the owner get the white variant instead of the black? for me repainting a brand new car is a complete waste of money, unless you're filty rich.

Get aftermarket wheels, its the only upgrade you'll need.
    +1000.

Terrible waste of money.

With a washover of that type, if you don't want it to look "masagwa", they'll have to take everything off (accessories, interior, engine bay items, etcetera), to spray the entire body.

No "strip to metal" here... it's a waste on a new car... they'll just prep and paint over the current coat.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by [r]ichkri3g View Post
    i think at first he liked it black, then he apparently saw a couple of white camrys on the road so he eventually craved for a white one.

any painting shops you can recommend? pag ganon, washover lang ba ang kailangan or the strip to metal (or whatever it's called) thing?
    I believe the method is called scrape-to-metal. Anyhow, black paint is sporty compared to white and repainting a Brand New Car is ricey.

just my 2 cents.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    thanks for the opinion guys, i believe the car is not entirely brand new. it's mileage is around 5k.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sell it and get a white one. Or trade it with white one to someone who wants black.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    keep the black. buy another white. Or sell. Since its the new camry, it resale value is still very very good. You should never touch the original paint as much as possible. Scrape to metal painting will never never be as good as the original paint. More so with washover. Especially changing from black to white. Take note that if it is black, its exterior AND interior is black. To change the exterior to black, how about the interior? Its not going to be worth the effort. And in doing so, you lower the resale value of the car if people know you have touched the original paint.
    Last edited by altec; November 10th, 2007 at 07:27 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
New Toyota Camry: how to make it look sporty but not ricey