New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    How much was the charge? This is accessible from our place... ma-check out nga.

*Renzo, pag may tiyaga, may nilaga. Nagiging semi-hobby and part exercise ko na rin yung wash and detail so it's fine with me. Buti nalang sedan lang yung inaabala ko sa detailing at hindi SUV or van.
    Chevrolet Suburban....

After ng isang pintuan, hapong hapo ka na. :bwahaha:

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    BB uses Carlack 68.

Isa lang daw gumagawa ng Carlack at Klasse.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    BB uses Carlack 68

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    How much was the charge? This is accessible from our place... ma-check out nga.

*Renzo, pag may tiyaga, may nilaga. Nagiging semi-hobby and part exercise ko na rin yung wash and detail so it's fine with me. Buti nalang sedan lang yung inaabala ko sa detailing at hindi SUV or van.
    vinj, i have been using big bert's for almost 4 years already. every 6 months, i have my car paint protected. pero after i tried Drive Bright, mas nagustuhan ko sila. maybe because mas personal ang service nila. less people who frequent there (only those within the vicinity) kay matututukan nila car mo. di nagmamadali, busising busisi.

mas mahal sila ng konti kesa big bert's (after i chose which brand of sealant i want them to use). i just don't know what brand is bb using (i chose klasse).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Chevrolet Suburban....

After ng isang pintuan, hapong hapo ka na. :bwahaha:
    Eto, dinerecho nalang kay Big Berts when it needed detailing (buti nabenta na rin). Kapagod din kung busisihin. They charged us around 4K-5K for a full detail job if i recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    BB uses Carlack 68

Yup, same from what i read when i was researching on it. I use this now and i'm happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rockiee_s View Post
    vinj, i have been using big bert's for almost 4 years already. every 6 months, i have my car paint protected. pero after i tried Drive Bright, mas nagustuhan ko sila. maybe because mas personal ang service nila. less people who frequent there (only those within the vicinity) kay matututukan nila car mo. di nagmamadali, busising busisi.
    Thanks for the feedback. We also go to Big Berts but it's not as personal as when i used to go to them when they started up in Araneta years ago (they're still good and i trust them but of course I'd like to try other out).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    renz, here's my opinion on the matter.

New car paint protection.. is it necessary? No. Any car kahit gaano ka-well maintained will still age over the years. Some people I know like to simply wash their car and after X amount of years do a body washover. Of course, a washover is expensive so you have to weigh that in versus the detail/maintenance cost of X years.

Before you pursue any of these protection, try to get physical protection from the elements first. This means trying your best to have your car under a roof. It's the best protection your money can buy and over the long run is the most effective too.

Detailing for shops is very... let's just say... lucrative business. If a car wash will only provide washes, mababankrupt sila.. their high margin business is in the detailing. Once you're DIY, you'll see the cost be reduced significantly. If you're pretty lazy, go look for a detailing shop that offers the best bang for your buck. This is the reason I switched from BB to Bluemile. I realized I save thousands of pesos per annum rin pala

I usually only do a complete detailing annually.. this means I usually only polish once a year (or twice a year).. while the rest of the year is tad-full of protection (waxes/sealants). I usually let detailing shops wax, clay, etc. the car since I don't have access to the regular equipment detailers have such as blowers, porter cables, etc. but for the regular washing, I try to do that myself since 100php saved is still money saved.

For waxes and sealant products, I usually like OCW, KAIO + KSG, and Collinites. These three provide the best bang-per-buck performance IMO.

On the otherhand, you might wanna look for those damn-durable products such as Optimum's Opticoat or HD Nitro services being offered by yumi (the detailing guru of TeamFD). Those products will last you... a year... maybe even more with care.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    renz, here's my opinion on the matter.

New car paint protection.. is it necessary? No. Any car kahit gaano ka-well maintained will still age over the years. Some people I know like to simply wash their car and after X amount of years do a body washover. Of course, a washover is expensive so you have to weigh that in versus the detail/maintenance cost of X years.

Before you pursue any of these protection, try to get physical protection from the elements first. This means trying your best to have your car under a roof. It's the best protection your money can buy and over the long run is the most effective too.

Detailing for shops is very... let's just say... lucrative business. If a car wash will only provide washes, mababankrupt sila.. their high margin business is in the detailing. Once you're DIY, you'll see the cost be reduced significantly. If you're pretty lazy, go look for a detailing shop that offers the best bang for your buck. This is the reason I switched from BB to Bluemile. I realized I save thousands of pesos per annum rin pala

I usually only do a complete detailing annually.. this means I usually only polish once a year (or twice a year).. while the rest of the year is tad-full of protection (waxes/sealants). I usually let detailing shops wax, clay, etc. the car since I don't have access to the regular equipment detailers have such as blowers, porter cables, etc. but for the regular washing, I try to do that myself since 100php saved is still money saved.

For waxes and sealant products, I usually like OCW, KAIO + KSG, and Collinites. These three provide the best bang-per-buck performance IMO.

On the otherhand, you might wanna look for those damn-durable products such as Optimum's Opticoat or HD Nitro services being offered by yumi (the detailing guru of TeamFD). Those products will last you... a year... maybe even more with care.
    pa-PM ng contact ng bluemile. :D
    Thank you. Hehe

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    pa OT: Necessary din ba ang detailing? :D
    Kasi baka next year magpa detailing ako. Hehe
    Parang ayaw ko ng DIY kasi GS yung ride ko,

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jdee12 View Post
    pa OT: Necessary din ba ang detailing? :D
    Kasi baka next year magpa detailing ako. Hehe
    Parang ayaw ko ng DIY kasi GS yung ride ko,
    Exterior detailing is important, but not because of the paint protection. Its maintaining and protecting the clear coat, that protects your paint. Clear coat isn't a smooth surface under a microscope. There are small cracks, that once contaminants settles will form into craters. Craters expand leading to "cancer spots" and clear coat peeling. Imagine how potholes form on roads, when not maintained. How do Mothers and Meguiars compared to professional detailing supplies? It like comparing Mc Donalds to a 5 star restaurant. Both companies have very aggressive marketing. Ask a child, where they would like to eat. Chances are high, their answer would be Mc Do.

Should you or a shop detail your car? Depends on you, but a professional detailing kit can be purchased for the cost of 2 full details.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    What about for pearl white cars, kailangan ba?

I recently had our Altis repainted (well, parts of it), and I've since started becoming a bit OC on maintaining the paint. My biggest gripe was that after 2 years of ownership, the bumper was significantly more yellow than the rest of the body. Our old maid also caused a lot of scratches on the doors because she wiped the dirt off the car, dry.

With the bumpers and door panels repainted, I was wondering if I needed to avail of Big Bert's Paint Protection to keep the pearl white finish from discoloration. I'm gonna go out later to buy a microfiber washmitt and chamois for cleaning the car, and perhaps when the sun comes up, I'll invest in some waxing (have to read more about this though). I reckon that I'll have time to clean the car around 2-3 times a week, but probably only every month or two for waxing and buffing. Oh yeah, the car's parked on the street so it's not protected against the elements. Sagad masyado sa garahe eh.

With that information, do you guys advise that I avail of paint protection (or if there's some other service I should have, kindly let me know), or do I just let the car be?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
New-car paint protection. Is it really necessary?