New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for years i've used the same products and same routine when detailing my car. i've been more or less satisfied with the results but lately have been thinking about seeing what else is out there.

first, my routine:
    1. wash and shampoo with water and Meguiar's or EagleOne car wash solution
    2. clay with Mother's clay bar and Quik Detailer if necessary. wash again.
    3. apply 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, buffing fine scratches where required
    4. apply Meguiar's Gold Class cleaner polish and buff with bath towel
    5. apply Meguiar's Gold Class carnauba wax and buff with bath towel
    6. clean wheels with any old wheel cleaner and a soft brush
    7. wipe interior with wet towel and treat with Lexol leather cleaner and leather conditioner

here are my questions:

1. what's the best wheel cleaner? the brakes of both BMW and VW throw out a great amount of dust and it's so hard to keep their wheels clean. mas ok ba ang gel cleaner like P21S?

2. i am lazy but also OC. i need a wax that will last long so i don't have to keep doing this crap those polymer waxes like Zaino are interesting but i heard the shine is not as deep as carnauba waxes, and they're a pain in the ass to apply. Meguiar's has a great shine but its durability really sucks. what's the best wax? people have told me to look at Klasse and Zymol...do these waxes last? should i just bite the bullet and go Zaino?

3. microfiber - better than chamois for drying and cotton for buffing? is it truly the miracle cloth everyone says it is?

4. 3m imperial hand glaze - do you still use this before the cleaner and wax?

pending your feedback i will go out tomorrow and buy:
    a new soft-bristle tire brush
    chipipay spray-on wax for the wheels
    a really really good polish/cleaner and wax combo
    a really really good wheel cleaner

thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mag pranela ka na lang M54.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    M54: Andito ka ba sa Pinas or not?

Zymol scrap that.

If you go with Z, just get the QD and Shampoo as well, it'll extend its durability considerably, Z2 Pro is less "plasticky" than the old formula.

Kung tamad ka, stick to what you're doing now and use a quick wax like Wax As U Dry by EO, NXT Spray wax, etc.

With cleaning tools, the new Meguiar brushes are rated VERY highly by lot of pros. If you can grab them, get them.

Wheel cleaners, Eagle One A2Z is a good cleaner, just apply some sealant on the wheel everytime you wax. It'll make wheel cleaning a breeze.

I suggest a Klasse AIO + Z2 Pro combo

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    AFAIK, you should apply glaze after a cleaner.
    I would suggest the Mothers Reflections combo if you want depth. The reflections car wax has some polish in it and the reflections top coat will add depth. From what I read, the combo is ok with durability.

As dehadista would say, sealant is best for wheels.

Speaking of sealants, you could also get Megs #21, Four Star UPP or Wolfgang DPS. Those are the sealants with some depth in the look.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks theveed/patopig. salamat din m2

still here in the US...mas marami kaming choices dito i think. i'd prefer to get them at a retail store but i guess i could do mail order kung walang mahanap.

Meguiar's brushes - check
    EagleOne A2Z - check
    Klasse AIO/Z2 - i understand using Z2 for durability...but why not do Z1/Z2? mas ok ba ang sealant/polish ng Klasse?
    Last edited by empy; August 19th, 2005 at 11:46 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Coz Z1 or ZFX has no use other than aiding bonding it is not a cleaner, polish or anything

Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    3. microfiber - better than chamois for drying and cotton for buffing? is it truly the miracle cloth everyone says it is?
    Nothing beats a waffle weave for drying your car. Get the "Big Blue" Waffle weave, it absorbs water well. I have the Microtex Chamois but I only use it on bumpers and windows, still use my trusty waffle weave for drying.

Also pag tamad ka, get the California Car Duster. Saves you a lot of time in between washes :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    forgot to mention that i already have the CCD. great tool!

ok, what about this idea?

Klasse package $44 (all-in-one polish, high gloss sealant, 2 microfiber towels, 2 microfiber application pads)

keep my 3M hand glaze (free)

EagleOne A2Z...or maybe P21S gel...aargh.

still have to find some place with waffle weave towels and wheel brushes

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fark...i can't find a store anywhere that sells this stuff, except for the wheel stuff. looks like i'm detailing tomorrow with the same old shiet.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    web pre... with regards to WW, order ka nalang kay pakshak.com mura lang naman eh. Sabihin mo AUTOPIA MEMBER ka, dont order through the shopping cart, email mo sya. Laking mura ang Autopia member sa retail hehe.. As in malaki

For Ktwins, this is good at least 3 na applicator mo http://klassedirect.com/klasprotkit.html ok din yun pinost mo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
need help: upgrading my detailing cabinet