New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi! I need some help! I noticed a couple of days ago that there were some stains on my bumper. I thought it came from road tar or something like that. I tried to remove it using cleaner wax but it did not work.

Today, I brought it in for wash/wax/seal and they used kerosene to try and clean it up but to no avail... The car wash boy told me that this was caused by the oil from the tire dressing that I had used and could no longer be removed. May pag-asa pa kaya?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    rubbing compound, clay. better yet - BigBert's or Poorboy's

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Thanks for the reply. Already brought it to BB's, they were not able to remove it. I have also tried clay but it did not work. Will try rubbing compound next...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    easy lang sa rubbing remember its thins your clear coating and maybe the paint

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    tingin ko kinain na ng substance ang clear coat mo so pumasok na yan at umabot sa paint mismo kaya di matanggal..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    easy lang sa rubbing remember its thins your clear coating and maybe the paint
    Thanks for the warning... will make sure to use it sparingly. Malakas ang loob ko kasi sa bumper lang naman.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    tingin ko kinain na ng substance ang clear coat mo so pumasok na yan at umabot sa paint mismo kaya di matanggal..
    If that's the case, wala na bang solution except to have the bumper repainted?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir anung car niyo? baka paint defect yan or something?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Have it assessed first. If it's a paint defect take it for warranty repair. If it's something harsh like paint stripper or something then only way is to repaint that spot. Lastly, I took a look at the pic but did not see anything wrong with it. Maybe a larger size pic would help? That way we know what we're dealing with.

For oil dressing from the tire I simply use "soft" products like paint cleaner. When I accidentally sprayed some degreaser on the paint it slightly made some visible marks. Paint cleaner took it off immediately. Hopefully yours is still fresh...otherwise it may have eaten through the paint like somebody mentioned.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by washburn View Post
    sir anung car niyo? baka paint defect yan or something?
    Hi Washburn, I believe we have the same ride...

Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Have it assessed first. If it's a paint defect take it for warranty repair. If it's something harsh like paint stripper or something then only way is to repaint that spot. Lastly, I took a look at the pic but did not see anything wrong with it. Maybe a larger size pic would help? That way we know what we're dealing with.

For oil dressing from the tire I simply use "soft" products like paint cleaner. When I accidentally sprayed some degreaser on the paint it slightly made some visible marks. Paint cleaner took it off immediately. Hopefully yours is still fresh...otherwise it may have eaten through the paint like somebody mentioned.
    Hi mbeige, I don't think it's a paint defect, it was not there when I got the vehicle. I tend to agree with the info I received that it was caused by the oils from the tire dressing. Anyway, will also check with the dealer when I get the chance. Sorry about the pic, here's another version.

Need Help! How to remove stain on bumper.